What's new

Repeal Day

December 5th is Repeal Day in the US. (Repeal of the 18th Amendment to the Constitution that prohibited the sale and distribution of alcoholic beverages). This, my fellow B&B members, is certainly cause for celebration and provides a good reason, as if any were needed, to enjoy a dram. I will plan make mine bourbon, America's Native Spirit.

What will you be pouring?

I made a gin drink off the cuff. Just gin (I used Beefeaters), lemon (fresh squeezed of course) and simple. A gin sour I guess minus the egg white.

Then an Amaretto sour. The Jeffrey Morganthaler way.

Then a bourbon and cran. The way I did it was: Quickly muddle cranberries in a highball. Fill with ice, then 2oz bourbon (I used Buffalo Trace), 1oz simple, then fill with unsweetened 100% cranberry juice. It's more expensive, but I love being able to control the tartness of the drink.

Then my friend/neighbor wanted me to use the rest of her gross cranberry vodka that came in a really cool russian nesting doll bottle so I made up what we called a Pink Lemon Drop. 1.5oz vodka, .5oz simple, .5oz lemon, .25oz of that same cran juice. They loved it!

Top Bottom