What's new

Razor identification needed.

Hey guys need your help if possible. Got this razor with a few others in a batch deal and it has no markings etc on it...any idea of maker etc? Its quite odd as it has a very smooth spine and tang along with it being very rounded in nature not boxy as usual. If i had to guess id say japanese or chinesse based on blade shape but im no expert....

$20161018_210321.jpg$20161018_210256.jpg$20161018_210240.jpg

Pure guess, but I would say Japanese, but Ive never seen one in a western grind (it is symmetrical, right?) without a stamp of some sort. Maybe it was an unfinished blank?

Pure guess, but I would say Japanese, but Ive never seen one in a western grind (it is symmetrical, right?) without a stamp of some sort. Maybe it was an unfinished blank?

Yup symmetrical...my first thought was Japanese just on shape alone. Unfinished blank....interesting idea.

I'm pretty sure it's a gold dollar sanded smooth... a production razor would have harder edges... the toe of the spine is sloped wrong and the pins are the microfastner temporary screws...

Gold dollar in old scales

I thought that but have a gold dollar to compare....not even close unless it has been modified heavily and done expertly as it is perfectly equal on both sides. ....but its a thought that i cant discount.

I'm pretty sure it's a gold dollar sanded smooth... a production razor would have harder edges... the toe of the spine is sloped wrong and the pins are the microfastner temporary screws...

No dought its been apart as its not pinned and i think your rigt about the none original scales.....the blade must be heavy moded then for sure....

At this point im in agreement that its probably a modded GD or something of the sort....not original was my first impression.
Good eye for sure my friend!!! Thanks for the insite guys and funniest thing is it probably is going to shave really well....hahaha

Top Bottom