What's new

Razor Buying PSA

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
To add a little to the 'buyer's guide', if it has 'knife' in the description there's an excellent chance that's exactly what it is. 'Razor knife', 'barber knife', etc are all commonly seen. Sometimes you see 'knife' used in the description of an functional razor, but the word is a warning that you need to do due diligence about understanding what you are buying.

I don't have a problem with a knife shaped like a razor, if you freehanded it at 30 degrees or so it might open boxes and letters as well as anything else, I don't know. I would imagine the steel is about like the $5 Asian flea market knives. But one cannot help but believe there are some deceptive descriptions involved though.

Cheers, Steve

Last edited:

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
I have to wonder if some of these kinds of razors aren't really meant to actually be used at all, but originally made to be decorative props or something similar.

They are made to sell. The seller doesn't care what you do with it or what you can do with it. As long as there are eager buyers they will make and sell them. They have no particular interest in making them functional, and doing so would upset the business model.

I have to admit I considered buying one of those myself to display on my desk as a conversation piece. Pretty sure it was garbage for shaving, but it looks really neat. Too much money though to buy pretty junk.

you can find sold under many different brands on many sites. i found that exact "razor" being described as a "vintage handmade" razor.

See many "razors" like this in the knife shops around here. Right next to the Klingon D'K Tagh.

Most the knives a garbage too, but a local shop has Vulfix cream.

Yes, I have seen some, said to be fitted with camel bone scales. However I know enough thatanything that claims to be Damascene steel at under about £400 is junk!

C.

Top Bottom