What's new

Questions about travelling with a straight (not air travel)

Legion

Staff member
Interesting. I will definitely have to look into those pouches.

They are not really commercially available, but I'll post a pic anyway, to show what I am talking about. They work well because you know the blade will always be held closed. I've found they work well for me.

proxy.php

proxy.php

They are not really commercially available, but I'll post a pic anyway, to show what I am talking about. They work well because you know the blade will always be held closed. I've found they work well for me.

proxy.php

proxy.php
These are great. I use mine for my fountain pen.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
BTW, you might want to avoid leather and other water absorbent materials. A stray drop or two or an errent splash then where do you put the razor? There's also a thread here on B&B concerning rusting a razor in a leather pouch because of saline (salt) contact lens solution on a leather case.

Cheers, Steve

BTW, you might want to avoid leather and other water absorbent materials. A stray drop or two or an errent splash then where do you put the razor? There's also a thread here on B&B concerning rusting a razor in a leather pouch because of saline (salt) contact lens solution on a leather case.

Cheers, Steve
On a travel bag, you will always have to worry about left over humidity on the badger (even if you pick a synthetic). Best is to get stainless steel blades.
That is what I did (I got a Titan stainless blade), and I still got rust spot starting to form on its spine.

Top Bottom