What's new

Question about an eBay razor

It's been bugging me which model razor this is, and now that the auction is over, I'm asking one of you guys. I didn't win. I bid early out of curiosity - but backed down when bidding reached $6.... Curiosity only takes you so far.
Here's the auction I couldn't just copy the pic.

Obviously it's a Superspeed. But the razor has the knurling of a flair tip, but the knob looks like it isn't flaired, and is also knurled like the handle. I've not seen one like it. Is this unusual or am I crazy?

I think one of these came up in the threads a short while ago and the thought was that it is a British variant.

Sorry I can't be more helpful than that, but I'm sure one of the experts will be along shortly.

My thought was perhaps it wasn't US Production. I was looking at thing and it was all I could not to enter more bids and try to win - It went for cheap, but I just wanted to know what it was so I didn't really need to own it. I wonder if a B&B member did win?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Maybe it's different, or it could be an optical illusion. position of the razor could make it look like a straight handle when it may be flared.
Look at the picture below of an enlargement of the tip and note that though the very bottom and the upper portion of the handle show a marked curve, the portion that would be on the flare appears to be straighter than the others. This could happen if the razor is leaning against the back instead of standing on it's end as we assume.

It´s a Mono-Tech from Brasil. Here you can see the 1973 (T3) model (I´m not sure: or is it a 1948?) and the 1956 instruction:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
It was me. :blushing:..... :biggrin:...... :blushing:

Sorry to ruin your curiosity bidding, this was the same reason I put a smallish bid on it through e-snipe. I think my max was $16 dollars and I was surprised to see that I had won it.

I can post some more detailed pics after I receive the razor and get it cleaned up. It doesn't look like lit will take much....

Cheers,

~JD

Always nice to see a Gillette I haven't seen before. Very nice purchase, JD. Seems like you got it at a great price!

Top Bottom