What's new

purchased a 10 pack of supermarket brand "Made in Israel” DE blades

Was in a Shop Rite supermarket in NJ and picked a 10 pack up for a reasonable $2.29. The chain
drugstores are selling their store brand Israeli blades for twice that amount. Can l assume that these are
The famous Personna reds? The packaging mentions stainless steel, but no mention of platinum or any other type of coating.
I'll try one in the morning.

I've used the Shop Rite blades. I get four good 3 pass shaves from them. It's good to know that you can pick up decent blades locally if you need them.

To me they feel pretty close to Personna Reds. I know that they are different manufacturers, but they feel the same as Shark SC to me. Definitely worth trying.

Mercadona in Spain sell 10x Personna Platinum for €2,25 which are basically repackaged Personna Platinum Chrome

Also from what I've read, the own label "Made in Israel" DE blades from Tesco Supermarket and Boots Chemist in the UK are both repackaged Personna blades too

It looks like Personna have got the monopoly on "In-House" DE blades on both sides of the pond

As long as they don't pass what you paid, their fine enough that I'd buy them more regularly. Sadly here, their usually over a buck a blade!

I took photos of the various ones from Family Dollar, Kroger, and another store or two. I'll post them up later - the photos include the bar code. They all appear to be similar. Some are 10 blades, some are 5. Family Dollar is 5 blades for a dollar, and are made in Vietnam. The Personna that I used to find at Dollar Tree (and other dollar stores) seem to have vanished. Those were 5 for a dollar, copyright 2013 Energizer Personal Care LLC, and made in Israel.

I'll have to look at the photos for the information on the CVS and Kroger ones. Nothing from Walgreens yet, and Wal-Mart appeared to only carry the VDH blades that don't seem to be that good. How they think that ice can help the grinding process, I haven't a clue.

Also left to check is Randalls (owned by Safeway), and a couple of the smaller supermarket chains.

Mercadona in Spain sell 10x Personna Platinum for €2,25 which are basically repackaged Personna Platinum Chrome

Also from what I've read, the own label "Made in Israel" DE blades from Tesco Supermarket and Boots Chemist in the UK are both repackaged Personna blades too

It looks like Personna have got the monopoly on "In-House" DE blades on both sides of the pond

Sainsburys and Superdrug are both Dorco ST301s, or at least were. I haven't bought them in years.

I have tried these blades using both an EJ DE89 and an ASD2. My overall impression is that they provide a nice shaving experience. They were sharp enough to not tug on my thick growth, but l find Feathers to be sharper. It's nice to know that l could buy these in a pinch if needed.

Top Bottom