What's new

Pass shaves

Hi all

I keep seeing reference to x number pass shaves. When I was learning to use the de originally, before I lapsed due to irritation and pulling, I learnt to do it with by shaving in a number of small stokes , not the long all in one stroke used for the cartridge system I previously used.

Does one pass mean doing it all in one stroke? The way I'm doing it now gives pleasing results but if there a 'better' way I'd like to learn that too.

What we refer to as a "pass" is simply lathering up and shaving the face once all over. You are correct that short strokes are normally better because it is easier to maintain blade angle when doing so rather than making longer strokes. Most shavers will make passes in different directions (WTG, XTG, ATG) in the process of whisker reduction.

What is being referred to by pass is the shaving with the grain of your hair(wtg), against the grain (atg) and across the grain. In effect trying to get s BBS or baby butt smooth shave with a little clean up. Myself, I normally just shave north to south with a little clean up of places that were missed.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
The idea behind making multiple passes is whisker reduction with each pass and using Very little pressure with each pass
Your hair grows in a few different directions and by going in the different direction with your razor it will give you a better shave with less irritation

Top Bottom