What's new

PannaCrema - Scents

I used the Libanese last night, and while it is still just an OK scent for me, the performance is one of the best I've ever had. I had suspected this based on the test lather that I did, but I was still very happy with the shave that I got. Because of that I decided to order the Namaste and Lavandotto, and hopefully those will be scents that I'll want to use more often; I don't see the Libanese being used more than every-once-in-a-while, but I'll likely hang on to it.

One thing though, it'd be nice if PannaCrema was more widely available. Don't get me wrong - I purchase from Italian Barber all the time. Unless I'm purchasing direct from an artisan, IB and BullGoose get all of my business. But when I make IB orders, they're normally bulk orders that qualify for free shipping. If I want to order one or two soaps, BullGoose is ideal because shipping is only $3 or so. If I buy one soap from IB, its $7 to ship. Meaning - a tub of PC is $16, and to get it to my door I'm paying $23 total. That's almost 1/3 of the total cost of the order just in shipping. And that's for a $16 soap. For a $10 (or less) soap, or other item, the proportions are pretty wild haha. Obviously there isn't anything that anyone can do about it; it is what it is, and I'll continue buying from IB even when I don't hit the free shipping mark. I just though I'd air it out here.

I used the Libanese last night, and while it is still just an OK scent for me, the performance is one of the best I've ever had. I had suspected this based on the test lather that I did, but I was still very happy with the shave that I got. Because of that I decided to order the Namaste and Lavandotto, and hopefully those will be scents that I'll want to use more often; I don't see the Libanese being used more than every-once-in-a-while, but I'll likely hang on to it.

One thing though, it'd be nice if PannaCrema was more widely available. Don't get me wrong - I purchase from Italian Barber all the time. Unless I'm purchasing direct from an artisan, IB and BullGoose get all of my business. But when I make IB orders, they're normally bulk orders that qualify for free shipping. If I want to order one or two soaps, BullGoose is ideal because shipping is only $3 or so. If I buy one soap from IB, its $7 to ship. Meaning - a tub of PC is $16, and to get it to my door I'm paying $23 total. That's almost 1/3 of the total cost of the order just in shipping. And that's for a $16 soap. For a $10 (or less) soap, or other item, the proportions are pretty wild haha. Obviously there isn't anything that anyone can do about it; it is what it is, and I'll continue buying from IB even when I don't hit the free shipping mark. I just though I'd air it out here.

Be thankful. It was next to impossible to get it in the states before Joe started carrying it at IB. I, personally, have and love Namaste, Nostalgia and Lavendotto. You're right they are wonderful performers.

I think I'm going to grab the Lavandotto next. I think I'm going to keep the Libanese too - again, its not that I don't like the scent, its just not what I was expecting. Performance is certainly top notch at any rate.
If you are buying lavandotto for the lavender smell, then don't buy it. It smells more of bergamot ( Limey smell) than anything with a hint of floral scent.

If you are buying lavandotto for the lavender smell, then don't buy it. It smells more of bergamot ( Limey smell) than anything with a hint of floral scent.

I have to disagree. Once it's lathered I get a clear lavender scent from my Lavendotto. Like all Pannacrema the scent is delicate but it's there.

Be thankful. It was next to impossible to get it in the states before Joe started carrying it.

I think I'm too spoiled to be thankful to pay an additional 44% of the product price in shipping charges, haha. There are so many great soaps made right here that I wouldn't be all that upset if I couldn't get a hold of PC anymore. Its a fantastic soap, don't get me wrong, but shipping is something I balk at no matter the product. There's nothing we can do about it except keep paying - vendors don't set the shipping prices.

At any rate, I'm hoping the scents or Lavandotto and Namaste will match the performance of this soap. I'm really looking forward to receiving them.

I think I'm too spoiled to be thankful to pay an additional 44% of the product price in shipping charges, haha. There are so many great soaps made right here that I wouldn't be all that upset if I couldn't get a hold of PC anymore. Its a fantastic soap, don't get me wrong, but shipping is something I balk at no matter the product. There's nothing we can do about it except keep paying - vendors don't set the shipping prices.

At any rate, I'm hoping the scents or Lavandotto and Namaste will match the performance of this soap. I'm really looking forward to receiving them.

I totally understand. Unfortunately I can't seem to stop order soaps. I have thirty or so in my rotation with four more currently in some stage of the shipping process.

When I bought Labdano I did not care for the appearance and smell the first time I opened the jar. After a few shaves it turned into something I really liked. Will definitely give one or two of the others a try on my next buy. That's if this discussion does not sell Joe out. A very good performing soap with a unique sent.

I received my two new scents last night - Lavandotto and Namaste. I must say, I really enjoy these scents a whole lot more than the Libanese, and though subtle I believe they do resemble their descriptions.

I shaved with Lavandotto last night and man does this stuff perform wonderfully. The scent is subtle but definitely noticeable; a nice combination of lavender and bergamot. Actually, I was expecting it to be almost all lavender based on other reviews I had read, but I think it was a very nice combination of both. Neither scent dominated the other, it was a nice harmonious mix.

Upon first sniff of the Namaste, the lemongrass really stands out. Actually, until I had smelled it a few times that was all I got - just the lemongrass. After a couple minutes though, I did pick up something a little more earthy in there, but the bright lemongrass definitely dominates the scent in this one. All in all, this is a very good scent as well. It is very fresh and bright, and perfect for the warm weather this time of year.

After receiving these two soaps, I can now say that I am huge fan of PannaCrema. The lather is just fantastic, and it provides a really awesome shave. I was a little discouraged based on the scent of the Libanese; the scent of the soap is a very important facet of my shave. Again, its not that Libanese is a bad scent at all, it just isn't what I was expecting. Once I work my way through these scents that I have, I will most certainly be picking up some of the other ones. I now see what all the fuss is about, haha.

I received my two new scents last night - Lavandotto and Namaste. I must say, I really enjoy these scents a whole lot more than the Libanese, and though subtle I believe they do resemble their descriptions.

I shaved with Lavandotto last night and man does this stuff perform wonderfully. The scent is subtle but definitely noticeable; a nice combination of lavender and bergamot. Actually, I was expecting it to be almost all lavender based on other reviews I had read, but I think it was a very nice combination of both. Neither scent dominated the other, it was a nice harmonious mix.

Upon first sniff of the Namaste, the lemongrass really stands out. Actually, until I had smelled it a few times that was all I got - just the lemongrass. After a couple minutes though, I did pick up something a little more earthy in there, but the bright lemongrass definitely dominates the scent in this one. All in all, this is a very good scent as well. It is very fresh and bright, and perfect for the warm weather this time of year.

After receiving these two soaps, I can now say that I am huge fan of PannaCrema. The lather is just fantastic, and it provides a really awesome shave. I was a little discouraged based on the scent of the Libanese; the scent of the soap is a very important facet of my shave. Again, its not that Libanese is a bad scent at all, it just isn't what I was expecting. Once I work my way through these scents that I have, I will most certainly be picking up some of the other ones. I now see what all the fuss is about, haha.

Hiya Chris,
I am so glad you're diggin' PC. Now you know why I've been extoling it's vrtues. Namaste, Lavandotto and Nostalgia are faves. Enjoy your lather!

What a surprise to read this discussion now dated more than ten years ago.
It reminded me of when, way back in 2014, I started using double-edged razors and shaving soaps or creams for the first time, Pannacrema had just started to be distributed and I had them all: Nostalgia,Vetiver, Labadano, Ebano, Namaste, Lavandotto, Libanese, San Francesco, London smoke.
Vetiver was my favorite, it was reminiscent of a classic fragrance typical of a 20th century barbershop, very old style.
San Francesco was also one of my favorites as a fragrance with a base of sandalwood and incense and final notes of oriental spices.
I still remember they were made with tallow and therefore very easy to whip, they produced a great rich and dense foam, ensuring perfect smoothness.
It was a very thirsty greasy soap necessary for water, which I have appreciated for years, some of them I only finished a couple of years ago.
At the time, in the price range between ten and fifteen euros in Europe it was difficult to find anything better.
Ten years later we hope to find artisanal soaps in that price range of around fifteen euros, even if experience shows that today those soaps cannot be found under twenty euros each.

Top Bottom