What's new

opinion on value

I just saw a black over butterscotch brush handle in an antique store. They are asking $10 for I what I believe is a shavematic or something. It most certainly would require a new knot.

Is this too much do you think?

$10 is more than reasonable for a nice, salvageable handle. Even more so if it's a Shavemac. I'd pay $10 for a no-name vintage brush if I liked the handle enough.

Thank you. They have red over whites for $6.50 and then this rubber top black over yellow.

Perhaps I'll make the effort to go back. I have noticed that there are a lot of antique stores that think if it's old it's gold. Outragious prices on straight razors and stuff. I saw an old Dopp bag for $35. zipper broken and all.

Legion

Staff member
Thank you. They have red over whites for $6.50 and then this rubber top black over yellow.

Perhaps I'll make the effort to go back. I have noticed that there are a lot of antique stores that think if it's old it's gold. Outragious prices on straight razors and stuff. I saw an old Dopp bag for $35. zipper broken and all.

It really depends on the local market. It sounds like a fair price.

For the record, I would pay $35 for a vintage Dopp kit with a busted zip, if it was vintage and real Dopp brand.

Top Bottom