What's new

Old Spice Brand

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
That website is pretty weird all right. Not sure if this would convince me to rush out and purchase Old Spice: "And the only thing despots hate more than decentralized government and free speech is the smell of Old Spice After Shave. So punch totalitarianism in the piehole by splashing on some Old Spice After Shave."

Some sales pitch.

--Doug

That website is pretty weird all right. Not sure if this would convince me to rush out and purchase Old Spice: "And the only thing despots hate more than decentralized government and free speech is the smell of Old Spice After Shave. So punch totalitarianism in the piehole by splashing on some Old Spice After Shave."

Some sales pitch.

--Doug

Speaks volumes about our society today, doesn't it? Not too long ago Ship Captains encountering pretty ladies and nautical themes were used to sell Old Spice. Many of us can still whistle the O/S jingle. Now that's memorable advertising.

The vermin in the ad agencies create this "edgy, creative, totally fresh" line of advertising that lacks any kind of maturity and decency these days. I can picture the slacker pitchman in front of the P&G board of directors--Like umm, dudes, check this out---

"So punch totalitarianism in the piehole by splashing on some Old Spice After Shave."

So-Dudes!!---whaddya think???? It's righteous, man we can go global with it!! It totally rawks!! (all spoken while texting, naturally).

And then the CEO of P&G says, "Yeah, yeah....I like it...I LIKE IT!!....that's just the global marketing solution we've been missing........

Thank God Aqua Velva shows a little class with their Father/Son commercials that have been airing lately. It actually makes me WANT TO BUY their product.

As far as O/S----I'll continue to visit the Ivory Club. Anyone care to join me??

all the best,

Marty E.
Ivory Club Loyalist

Speaks volumes about our society today, doesn't it? Not too long ago Ship Captains encountering pretty ladies and nautical themes were used to sell Old Spice. Many of us can still whistle the O/S jingle. Now that's memorable advertising.

The vermin in the ad agencies create this "edgy, creative, totally fresh" line of advertising that lacks any kind of maturity and decency these days. I can picture the slacker pitchman in front of the P&G board of directors--Like umm, dudes, check this out---

Wow:smile:

Lighten up mate, it's only aftershave and advertising after all!

I wrote to Old Spice and TOLD them of my dissatisfaction with the new scent of their aftershave and the plastic bottles....I also made it a point to tell them how good the store brands smell when compared to their product :wink:

This is the reply from Team Old Spice to me:

We are sorry to have lost you from the Old Spice brand. We can not make any promises that these scents will be back but thanks for your input. If you get a chance, you could always check out the Original scented deodorant and invisible solid from Old Spice.
Thanks – Old Spice Team

I guess like the genius behind New Coke they know better than we do! lol!
Viva Club De Ivoirre!
Wp

This is the reply from Team Old Spice to me:

We are sorry to have lost you from the Old Spice brand. We can not make any promises that these scents will be back but thanks for your input.

I guess my question would be--"Why did you change it the first place you morons?" I think I know the answer though-to cheapen it and enhance the "bottom line"...

I'm certain the glass bottles and original scent are gone forever. Our best resources now are Mama Bears for soaps, the Ivory Club and the India O/S products (but a hassle in procuring). A shame really.. It seems like these days everything that's good goes away.

My hat's off to you sandmountainslim for sending that e-mail. You might want to be careful though---O/S may want to "punch you in the piehole" for being a wiseguy...

Marty E.

I wrote to Old Spice and TOLD them of my dissatisfaction with the new scent of their aftershave and the plastic bottles....I also made it a point to tell them how good the store brands smell when compared to their product :wink:

I guess like the genius behind New Coke they know better than we do! lol!
Viva Club De Ivoirre!
Wp

P&G knows where you live! LOL

Those morons could make a killing coming out with a limited edition set, glass bottle and retro packaging.

They've kind of painted themselves in a corner by hanging the "classic" moniker on the reformulated stuff. Perhaps "Old Spice Vintage" would work.

It would be a chance to mark the difference between the stuff they produce to compete with Axe and the image they are trying to shake, yet benefit from, and make money doing it.

While the ad campaigns are a little sketchy, I still don't mind the P&G scent too much.

Though that could just be due to the fact that I can't get the knock-off.. there are no "family dollar" stores in canada.

Considering that retro is in, why not brig out a "vintage" OS, as Topgumby suggests. It would do well, not just among those of us who pine for the real stuff, but for those who were faithful buyers of the Shulton OS.

Top Bottom