What's new

Not looking good for buying stuff internationally

Was getting set to purchase a new razor from a well known European maker (someone we all know and love).
Plan came to a screeching halt after being informed UPS shipping across the pond would now be €65.00!!!
Razor was only €170.00!
Guess it's gonna stay a Six Day Set for a while longer....😕
Hope this is not becoming a trend.......

I asked about that...no response from the vendor.
I just received a Shavemac brush direct from Germany. Shipping was far from €65. Around $13.00 USD.
The brush came via DHL.
I looked up what FedEx would charge:eek2:. You don't want to know. Really.....

Weird. I've had a few shipments from Sweden (not razors) over the last few months via UPS and they were about $30. Heavier than a razor, too.

I wonder if there is some new regulatory BS on his end.

Truth be told, I'd be quite satisfied if he would agree to send just the blade and I would get Doc226 to fit it with a nice set of scales. Guess I could ask......

Worst case, the problem is only particular to that vendor. But within the EU there are significant differences in shipping pricing too. I have a feeling some vendors make an extra buck or two this way, blaming it on the shipping. Shipping for that weight/volume range should be at the most around half that (€30). Customs is another matter. I am having the same challenge the other way (US -> EU).

I've received razors and other packages internationally using the respective postal services of each country. What's the big deal with a razor? Slip it into a padded envelope and off it goes...

Who knows? Or as the good nuns in elementary school might answer a legit but difficult question………
“It’s a mystery my son, mystery of faith”

Shipping from Europe is always pricey for the most part. Just got a package from the UK and it was less than half that price. The strops from Poland was very reasonable.

I recently bought a razor from a member - shipping was 10 euro from France. Got to use the post office. Based on my experience, post office shipping from a European country to the US is less than the other way.

Reactions: Wid
Top Bottom