What's new

Noob checking-in about two weeks too early (76 Gillette Black Beauty)

Hi All,

I have been lurking reading the boards for a while now and thought, as I have just bought my first DE razor, its time to say hello! :001_rolle

I have always used modern cartridge blades as I didn't get on with the only electric shavers I tried (Remmington & Philips). I have never been a daily shaver as I don't enjoy the process and the cartidges are far too expensive for what they are. Recently I have experienced a lot of irritation so I think its about time I went all-in and tried DE razors and see if I can enjoy the whole 'ritual' a bit more.

Not one to mess about, I have done a lot of research and was going to start slowly but unfortunately I spied my Birth Quarter Gillette on eBay :blushing:. Here's what I just probably paid way over the odds for:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261315475050?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I couldn't resist; would I ever find a good birth quarter razor again (especially if I don't become a full-on collector)?
Anyway I can always resell and put any loss down to experience or explain it away as equivalent to the entry price for a couple of rubbish 3D movies with the family! :biggrin1:

What do you guys think?
Does that brush look useful? I'm thinking maybe synthetic is a good choice if my skin is now getting prone to irritation.

Cheers from Landan England :001_smile

P.S. Thank you all for your contributions to these forums, an excellent reference site and community!

$$(KGrHqV,!lkFC7ogO9okBSb!k92CHw~~60_57.jpg

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Welcome to B&B . It is a very nice looking kit (if a bit on the high side), but should give you years of service, congratulations.

Hello and welcome to B&B!!

Very nice set. I'm a W1 and have the same style Gillette Super Adjustable. They are great shavers. I start out my shave on 5 and switch to 4 for the second pass and then 2 for the final third pass. Good luck!!

Ben

Welcome to B&B. If you are satisfied with the purchase then it was a great deal. Good luck with your setup.

I think if I found a birth quarter razor in that condition I'd consider paying that as well. Very nice. Keep us updated on how it shaves!

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome and not giving me a good talking to for helping push prices up on eBay ;)

Now I just have to wait until it makes its way over the pond to the UK.
Although there are now rumours my Missus wants to contribute as my Christmas present, that would mean feeling like a little kid again until Santa arrives!! :)

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the razor! That is a great pic and you should post your pics in the SOTD (shave of the day) thread!

Top Bottom