What's new

Non-alcoholic Cocktails

Found a couple more. Haven't tried them, but they sound like they'd be tasty.

Autumn Chiller
One part orange juice
Two parts ginger beer
Three parts sparkling apple cider
Frozen cranberries for garnish

Virgin Agave Martini
Brown sugar
3-4 cracked ice cubes
1 ounce agave nectar
1 fresh mint sprig
1 or 2 lemon wedges
Lime twist
1 cherry
Rim a martini glass with brown sugar. Place ice, agave nectar and fresh mint in a cocktail shaker. Squeeze lemon juice and drop squeezed lemons into the shaker. Give the mix a few shakes and strain into the sugar-rimmed glass. Add a lime twist and a cherry for color. The cherry will sink to the bottom. The broken mint should float on the top, adding a nice texture to the drink.

The Sophisticate
Makes 1
4 slices cucumber, peeled
Pinch of salt
2 ounces cranberry juice
2 tablespoons simple syrup
2 tablespoons lime juice
In a cocktail shaker, muddle 3 of the cucumber slices with the salt. Add the cranberry juice, syrup, lime juice, and ice. Shake well and strain into a martini glass. Garnish with the remaining cucumber slice.

Yes they do. I'd probably say its easier to find NA ginger beer than the real stuff. Especially in a grocery store. Gosling's version is NA. Its basically a punched up Ginger Ale.

If you can get it where you are, Blenheim Ginger Ale would be a good substitution as well. Especially the Hot version.

Yes they do. I'd probably say its easier to find NA ginger beer than the real stuff. Especially in a grocery store. Gosling's version is NA. Its basically a punched up Ginger Ale.

If you can get it where you are, Blenheim Ginger Ale would be a good substitution as well. Especially the Hot version.

Doh! I thought all ginger beer was non-alcoholic.

Ginger beer sounds like a great base ingredient for mocktails, the wifey and I are doing dry February and have been trying out a few things but for some reason ginger beer never came to mind (which is odd since I dig moscow mules and dark & stormies!)

I found a couple more that sounded interesting. They sound like they have enough spicyness & complexity to make up for the loss of the alcohol.

Black Peppercorn Limeade
YIELD: Makes a little over one quart of limeade
Ingredients
For the Black Pepper Simple Syrup:
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
1/8 cup black peppercorns, just cracked or very coarsely ground
For the Black Pepper Limeade:
3 cups water
3/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice

For the Black Pepper Simple Syrup: Bring the sugar, water and black peppercorns to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring until sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat, let cool to room temperature, and strain through a fine mesh strainer to remove the cracked peppercorns. Refrigerate until ready to use. Black pepper syrup will keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
For the Black Pepper Limeade: Combine water, lime juice, and 3/4 cup black pepper simple syrup in a pitcher and stir to combine. Refrigerate until completely cold and serve in ice-filled glasses, garnished with lime zest if desired.

Rhubarb-Ginger Cooler
Yield about 6 cups
Ingredients
For the Rhubarb Syrup:
2 cups sliced rhubarb
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1-inch section fresh ginger, smashed
2 tablespoons zest from 1 orange
3 allspice berries
For the Pitcher Drink:
2 tablespoons rhubarb syrup
1/4 cup juice from 2 to 3 limes, strained
6 cups (48 ounces) spicy ginger beer
1 lime, cut into 6 wedges for garnish (optional)

For the Rhubarb Syrup: Combine rhubarb, water, sugar, ginger, orange zest and allspice in a small saucepan. Heat over high heat until boiling, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce to a simmer and continue to cook until rhubarb breaks down, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Strain through a fine mesh strainer, pressing with a rubber spatula to extract as much flavor as possible, reserving cooked rhubarb for another use if desired. Rhubarb syrup will keep for two weeks in a sealed container in the refrigerator.

For the Pitcher Drink: Stir rhubarb syrup and lime juice together in a large pitcher. Fill pitcher halfway with ice and add ginger beer. Stir gently to mix and serve, garnishing glasses with a lime wedge, if desired.

NO EXPERIENCE. IMO, the whole point is the EtOH. but YMMV and we have a (very) few friends who do not drink.

Top Bottom