What's new

Newbie looking for AOS alternatives

Hi all,

I'm new to "proper" shaving (coming from aerosol creams and a Gillette Proglide). Recently grabbed the starter kit from Art of Shaving in the mall and an antique DE razor of unknown origin. Anyway, I will be out of the preshave gel, shaving cream, and aftershave from Art of Shaving in a week, maybe 2. I'm looking to try other products, anyone have any suggestions? I tend to like sandalwood for scent but am open to whatever. If I could find a kit with the preshave, cream and aftershave bundled that would be ideal.

I should also mention I tried the Williams mug shaving soap a couple times. Didn't care for it, was not able to develop a decent lather and didn't feel like it lubricated well. Could be technique. Not eager to try it again, figure I'll stick to creams over soaps for now.

Thanks,

Dan

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I started exactly the same way as you when my wife gave me the kit. I quickly started buying stuff and then only used it for traveling. As far as creams go I like Taylor of Old Bond Street, Musgo Real and Proraso. I've recently started buying soaps and so far have some Stirling samples that I am loving, Haslinger and Mitchell's Wool Fat. There are so many options for everything wet shaving that you will never be at a loss for what to buy. The problem will be holding back from buying everything.

Hi Dan,
I d suggest the Proraso line of products. It's exactly what you are asking for.

Samples can be great too. Taylor of Old Bond Street or Stone Cottage Soapworks samples are a great way to try new cream scents.

Best wishes,
Brian

Yes. :thumbup1:

Check out Nancy Boy. One of the best creams, and they have a nice pre shave, cream and after shave that lasts forever. Shipping is reasonable and if you sign up on their website you get a nice discount.

They have bar soap, shampoo....Moisturizers etc too. Great stuff.

Check out Nancy Boy. One of the best creams, and they have a nice pre shave, cream and after shave that lasts forever. Shipping is reasonable and if you sign up on their website you get a nice discount.

They have bar soap, shampoo....Moisturizers etc too. Great stuff.

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom