What's new

New Rudy Vey

Just received my new Rudy Vey 22mm knot set with a 45mm loft in two-band finest. The handle is a reverse eagle style, simple and feels great.

About me: I exclusively face-lather, mostly creams although I do have MWF in my rotation.

My other brushes and opinion about them:

Duke 3 in best: Absolutely love it, on the bigger side for me (I like to be able to face-lather on multiple spots on my face instead of being restricted to my cheeks because a brush requires a lot of square footage)
Semogue 1305: Love the feel, still need to work on breaking in to produce more lather. I do enjoy the feel and aesthetics of a good badger better though.
Vulfix 2234 Silvertip: Too floppy
Semogue 2011 LE Bristle 2: Great feel (soft with backbone), too big for me
Shavemac 23mm knot, 46mm loft, in finest: A little less dense then I would like, still a great brush though
Tweezerman: meh
Parker Best Badger: My favorite brush for a while (<$40). No one even mentions it ever but it can outperform a bunch of bigger names.
Rudy Vey Custom 22mm knot, 45mm loft, 2 band finest: Only did a test lather, so I'll have to update if anyone cares, but the density and backbone is spot on, it looks great post-bloom (pics coming soon, maybe...). I already love it!

My rotation will be: Duke 3, RVS custom, Semogue 1305, Shavemac (giving it a chance since it has my initials on it and will definitely be harder to sell). About to part with everything that is not perfect in my eyes, so that SBAD can go on...
Oh also, I directly hooked up my bank account to Rudy's account so my salary goes straight to him, since I'll be getting my brush fix through him a lot in the near future. Great job, and yes it is addictive.

Hopefully the comparisons can help someone looking to make up their mind and are in the same situation as I am.

Attachments

• $IMG_3171.jpg
    $IMG_3171.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 135
Top Bottom