What's new

New Rudy Vey Shavemac Beeauty!!

I just had my first shave using the new Shavemac butterscotch beehive brush. The beehive handle felt very comfortable in hand. The brush lathered bee-autifully!! Loved it! More details to follow when Snoopy writes the Wolfman Wednesday Shave Report later.

For some reason the reply didn’t work properly. In response to Latherati:

I have 16 brushes currently. The result of about 30 years of collecting, buying, selling, swapping whatever it takes to track down brushes that work for me. I’m fond of vintage Rooney Finest. A couple of old lampblack Simpsons and a Plisson HMW. Two Rudy Vey originals and two reknots by Rudy using D01 knots. A few other odds and ends.

Nice looking brush. I went from no Rudy brushes to having 3 in a matter of a few months. Great guy to work with...and fabulous brushes.

Nice looking brush. I went from no Rudy brushes to having 3 in a matter of a few months. Great guy to work with...and fabulous brushes.
Excellent! Indeed, Rudy is a great guy to work with—he helped every step of the way. I’m very happy with my 1st @Rudy Vey brush. What brushes do you have made by Rudy? Do you have a beehive?

I currently have 4 Rudy Vey brushes with a 5th on the way, my beehive is a little different, Rudy is amazing this was his 3rd attempt to get the beehive ribs as thin as I wanted them to do this by hand just shows his talent and dedication to giving the customer what they want.
6003E7E1-ACB8-4A3D-B09E-202E291D4821.jpeg

@gdawg55 I am considering ordering an STF brush for travel at some other time. Do you use any of your STF brushes for travel? I prefer smaller brushes, but I don’t have much experience with synthetics. I understand that synthetics often feel smaller than their knot size, is this correct?? Do you prefer the 23mm or 25mm??

@gdawg55 I am considering ordering an STF brush for travel at some other time. Do you use any of your STF brushes for travel? I prefer smaller brushes, but I don’t have much experience with synthetics. I understand that synthetics often feel smaller than their knot size, is this correct?? Do you prefer the 23mm or 25mm??
I use a Simpson T2 for travel mostly. I just got my 23mm STF from Rudy this week. It would make a great travel brush. Seems smaller the the stated 23mm….definitely less dense than the 25mm. Dries really quickly.

I prefer the 25mm as an everyday brush…..it is a fantastic knot with superb performance. My favorite all around brush.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I use a Simpson T2 for travel mostly. I just got my 23mm STF from Rudy this week. It would make a great travel brush. Seems smaller the the stated 23mm….definitely less dense than the 25mm. Dries really quickly.

I prefer the 25mm as an everyday brush…..it is a fantastic knot with superb performance. My favorite all around brush.
Yes, the 23 STF is actually only 22 mm, not sure why they call it 23 mm.

I just got my 23mm STF from Rudy this week. It would make a great travel brush. Seems smaller the the stated 23mm….definitely less dense than the 25mm. Dries really quickly.

I just came home from a 10-day trip last week and used my 23mm while on the road. It was a great choice especially since the place we stayed in had hard-ish water and no water heaters.

I also agree that the 25mm is the better everyday brush. The 23mm is good, but the 25mm is just so much better.

Last edited:
Top Bottom