What's new

New Member Experience

The brush I've actually had for a while. My Grandad gave me it a long time ago and it lay in a bedside drawer. I have no idea of its good bad or indifferent and a brush will be something I'll address down the line.
That looks like one of the Omega professional series No.48 or No.83. They are good brushes and will give you many years of service. :thumbup1:
I don't think that brush has been fully broken in yet so give it a few more uses and it will get better. Always soak in warm water for at least 3 minutes before using each shave.

That looks like one of the Omega professional series No.48 or No.83. They are good brushes and will give you many years of service. :thumbup1:
I don't think that brush has been fully broken in yet so give it a few more uses and it will get better. Always soak in warm water for at least 3 minutes before using each shave.

A quick search tells me its a boar brush which I didnt know. That was it just after a shave (still wet), thanks for the advice.

Hi All,
I'm new to the forum and new to wet shaving. I done some homework before buying any equipment/soaps etc and had my first shave last night using a Merkur 34C with feather blades and Cella soap. What an experience!
I'm well aware there are endless amounts of options out there with soaps, brushes, creams, aftershaves etc but my first question in the forum is this....blade and razor wise... Can it possibly get any better from here!?!

Welcome aboard! You'll find a lot of good advice here, but if your avatar is your current gear you may not need much advice.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Hi All,
I'm new to the forum and new to wet shaving. I done some homework before buying any equipment/soaps etc and had my first shave last night using a Merkur 34C with feather blades and Cella soap. What an experience!
I'm well aware there are endless amounts of options out there with soaps, brushes, creams, aftershaves etc but my first question in the forum is this....blade and razor wise... Can it possibly get any better from here!?!
To answer your question....yes and no. It gets better because of all the wonderful products out there that you will try. But...change your bank account password if you have wife.

Top Bottom