What's new

Need Straight Razor advice

Hello everyone,
I recently am trying out DE shaving ,but also interested in straight razor shaving and recently picked up 3 vintage razors , a Colonial ,Spear and Crecent ,a Simmons.The Colonial one is in very great shape,the Cresent is decent,and the Simmons has alot of rust,ill try to post pics of them to get opinions.But my questions are how much does it cost to maintain these as far as stropping and honing goes?Where can I send atleast 1 to get honed and sharpened and how often must they be honed??I cant find anyone to hone them in my area.
I think thats it for now.Im going to try to clean them up and polish them for now.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]

I don't know where you are located, but to me it sounds that Larry from Whippeddog is your man. You can get a strop and full honing set from him and also let one of your razors hone by him. All in all, I think it would cost you around 100$

You'll have a honing set, leather strop, balsa strop with CroX abrassives and one of your razor honed for that price. He does ship international, so that shouldnt be a problem and his shipping and service both are awesome. He has answered alot of my newbie questions very fast. Shipping took 6 days to the Netherlands.

Last edited:
Top Bottom