What's new

Legit Artist Club listing?

Does anybody have any info on the razor for sale at the following link?

http://www.smartimports.net/feather-artist-club-dx-wooden-handle-razor-acd-rw/

The box says DX, but there is no mention of teak wood. The product code "ACD-RW" is included in the title, but I've only seen this code on ebay listings for identical razors. Also, the handle shape is different from the DX that's available at many US vendors as well as the distributor's website:

http://www.jatai.net/feather-artist-club-dx-folding-wood-razor

The razor in question would be a great deal compared to most vendor's prices. I'd like to believe that it's just a newer or perhaps older DX handle shape that simply differs from the pictures I'm used to seeing. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Interesting. I liked the shape of the pearl handle more, but I was looking into getting the teak because I like the look of the wood. This looks to be shaped like the pearl, so it could be the best of both worlds.

It has been around on ebay for a while and I have considered getting it. It is not pure teak wood like the more expensive wood DX and some have described it as a wood laminate which may mean that the base material is something else. I have an older version of a DX with the teak handle and the shape of the handle does not feel as good in the hand as the standard DX pearl handle and so you are correct in that this may be the best of both worlds. This is definitely not a clone or knockoff and so would have the Feather quality to it.

It has been around on ebay for a while and I have considered getting it. It is not pure teak wood like the more expensive wood DX and some have described it as a wood laminate which may mean that the base material is something else.

I've seen it described as "resin-impregnated laminated reinforced wooden," which makes me imagine it's solid wood that has been saturated with/coated in water-resistant material. That's just a guess, though. Haven't found any descriptions that aren't simple translations from Japanese. Even if it's wood laminate on a plastic base, I like the look and might have to get one. Supposedly there are "limited quantities." Is Feather known for saying stuff like that in their marketing? Is it just a gimmick to boost sales?

Supposedly there are "limited quantities." Is Feather known for saying stuff like that in their marketing? Is it just a gimmick to boost sales?

No, my experience with Feather AC razors is that limited quantities mean short term production. I remember that when I saw the wood version of the SS come up. It was a limited quantity in Japan only and six months later, you couldn't find one at any price. I still have it on my short list, but right now I need to pay for my Razorock Wunderbar and still keep some funds aside for the Asylum RX or the Claymore.

If you thinking about it and got the funds, get it!

Top Bottom