What's new

GIVEAWAY! Jifuli Chinese blade PIF

Cross-posted from the Henson Razor Club thread:

Razor: Henson AL13+
Blade: Jifuli (1)
Cream: Palmolive Classic
Brush: No-name badger off of Amazon
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Ice Blue followed by Nivea Sensitive balm

This is a new to me Chinese blade that I received from @AshleyC as part of this PIF: GIVEAWAY! - Jifuli Chinese blade PIF - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/jifuli-chinese-blade-pif.648342/. Today is the first shave with this blade, and I would say that the result was average/good - as in "on par" with other blades that work well for me. It's certainly not the sharpest blade that I have used, but it wasn't bad at all. It's also not the smoothest blade that I have used, but again, it certainly isn't bad. The resulting shave is a very respectable DFS+ which is all that I ever shoot for. Typically blades that aren't razor sharp can me with a weeper here and there, but there was none of that at all. I was actually anticipating worse because of some of the other comments made in the PIF thread, but I'm looking forward to shave #2 to see if it sharpens up a bit. If it can reproduce today I certainly won't be disappointed in the blade.

Cross-posted from the Henson Razor Club thread:

Blade: Jifuli (1)

This is a new to me Chinese blade that I received from @AshleyC as part of this PIF: GIVEAWAY! - Jifuli Chinese blade PIF - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/jifuli-chinese-blade-pif.648342/. Today is the first shave with this blade, and I would say that the result was average/good - as in "on par" with other blades that work well for me. It's certainly not the sharpest blade that I have used, but it wasn't bad at all. It's also not the smoothest blade that I have used, but again, it certainly isn't bad. The resulting shave is a very respectable DFS+ which is all that I ever shoot for. Typically blades that aren't razor sharp can me with a weeper here and there, but there was none of that at all. I was actually anticipating worse because of some of the other comments made in the PIF thread, but I'm looking forward to shave #2 to see if it sharpens up a bit. If it can reproduce today I certainly won't be disappointed in the blade.
As I check my face 8 hours later, this shave really did turn out pretty well.

Blade: Jifuli (2)
Soap: Pre de Provence No. 63
Aftershave: Old Spice followed by Nivea Sensitive balm

Another very good shave with this blade. I would say that it was better than the first shave with it. Again, it's not in my top 5, but it did it's job and did it well.

Blade: Jifuli (3)

A good shave today. The blade might be slowing down some, but the end result was certainly good, if not great. Again, it's not the sharpest blade that I have used, but it does what it needs to do.

Reactions: Kix
20240207_122249~2.jpg

Put a new Jifuli in my Fatboy, set to "9" this morning.

My usual routine of shower and hair conditioner and 3 pass shave. I didn't chase a BBS and didn't get any nicks or weepers. And minimal feedback with the alum, witch hazel, and Skin Bracer.

Considering what I paid for 200 of these, I think these are just a fine, serviceable blade I'll use once or twice and discard.

I bought 200 for a song, and agree they are an acceptable offering, but don't excel. My (Caucasian) facial hair is quote coarse and on the dense side, and none too easy on blades.

I find that corking the Jifuli blades makes their first shave a lot more pleasant, although day 3 leaves me looking forward to a new blade. I'll carry on using them, but when they are finished I will probably not order them again.

On the plus side, getting a NZ$0.01 shave leaves you smiling.

Top Bottom