What's new

Jackpot at the Antique Mall

I went to the antique store this weekend to look for razors and all they had was one. It was a little overpriced, so I told them thanks but no. She then proceeded to tell me she had two boxes of razors she just bought in back. I didn't realize how overboard I went until I started listing them below. I have done initial blade cleaning/polishing on most of them, as many had broken scales, lose blades, etc. I couldn't pass up several of these, including three wedges. Many of these may end up on BST, since there is no way I can use them all.

I do intend to use the 1" shorty just for the sake of doing so. All but the last three listed can likely be honed into good shavers (unfortunately I don't hone). The last three blades are beyond my skill set. Two of the brushes may be useable as is, but the others will need to be reknotted.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Items listed Left down then right down, base upon position in the first picture:
  1. Gillette New Standard
  2. Gillette Tech (No date code)
  3. Travel Tech (J4)
  4. Crane Cutlery Co - Made in USA
  5. Thistle Cut Fremont O
  6. NON XLL Joseph Allen & Sons Sheffield England (Medium Size Hollow Ground on blade)
  7. Buerger's PICK, BUERGER BROS S. Co. Denver COLO. - El Paso TEX M.I. Germany
  8. Geo H. Weyer St. Joseph, Mo. Made in Germany (Extreme Shorty)
  9. J.R. Torrery Razor Co Worchester Mass
  10. George Wostenhold Mason sole manufacturer of the original and true razor (The Original and only Genuine Pipe Razor Manufactured Solely by GEO Wostenholm & Son Mark Granded AD 1694)
  11. Wostenholm manufactures of the original and true razor (Original pipe razor on scales)
  12. LDW Dorman & Co St Louis MO (Scales have odd texture, bone?)
  13. Shumate's Ben Hur, Shumate Razor Co St Louis USA
Top Right
  1. Ever-ready 89 (Blue)
  2. Ever-ready 100
  3. Ever-ready 150
  4. Ever-ready 150
  5. Victoria? Pure Bristles made Germany
  6. Plastic handle tech (Date code X2)
  7. Simmons Hardware Co Germany
  8. Wade & Butcher Sheffield England (You Lather Well I'll Shave Well on blade)
  9. Union Cutlery Co , Our Mascotte Warranted
  10. Keene Cutlery Co
  11. Crown Razor Co Boston Mass (Extra Hollow Ground, Fully Warranted)
  12. Shumate Antiseptic Barber, Shumate Razor Co St. Louis MO
  13. 35 Osgood Bray & Co Made in Germany
  14. Fred Dolle Chicago Ill
  15. 57 Kiebitz Garantie (Broken Blade, liked the scales)
  16. Peter Hahn, Made in Germany for SR Droescher New York (Broken blade, liked the scales)
  17. Unreadable, blade is awful, nice scales
Any info on these would be appreciated, as I'm just a newbie with a horrible case of RAD. Neary all will be restored as best I can.

WOW!! With that many to choose from, you'll never make up your mind! Now I'm gonna be a good guy, help you out. That OC I see in the top left corner, the one you tried to hide behind that Tech, if it wound up in the box with that cream you are sending this way, that would be fine. Try to help you with less choices, before you end up with a full beard you know?

Nice score! As the OP is ineligible to sell here at present, I'll simply remind folks that references to selling are inappropriate in or as a result of this thread :wink: But seriously, nice score!

Wow nice haul! Never used a straight razor but the wood grain and amber looking handled ones could sway me. Congratulations!
Roger

That is a heck of a score, awesome!! However, I see you're in Texas and I might be a little jealous and upset if I find out you bought out one of the local antique shops...:sneaky2:

Wowww....

You can always do a monthly rotation instead of weekly. Now you just need a few more. :p

+1. Whenever the OP tires of contemplating his growing army of steel, he can set himself to building a display/travel case for a monthly set. 31 days' worth ought to do the trick. You'd probably need a whole cow's worth of leather to make a travel roll for all of 'em!

Top Bottom