What's new

I have gone "STRAIGHT" need help buying 2nd razor.

OK! OK! I have been shaving about a week and a half and I am not going back to disposable hell! I am still learning but have started down the road to be able to use a straight both left and right handed and am doing very well! I was looking at a knife in my knife shop and stumbled upon a straight razor. I bought a Rudolf Stehlo 5/8. 1/4 ground and I think I did ok with the purchase ????? I need another razor and would like expert input. I would like a Dovo that cost around a $100 USD. Can I get a pretty good piece of steel for that? From what I have gathered the real differences are in the scales when one gets to a certain price point....? This time I would like to buy a honed razor so that I can see what a truly good razor is like.

Thanks in advance,
Richard Adams

You can get some nice Dovo's for that price. I picked up a Dovo Black Star from vintageblades.com that is one of my favorite shavers. classicshaving.com also has a large selection of Dovo's. Both sites offer professional honing and both sites use Lynn for their honing service - and it doesn't get any better than him. You won't be sorry!

My present razor needs honing also can I send to Lynn directly? I do not have a store name, sorry new to this.

Richard

You should be able to PM him here - I know he's a user on B&B but not sure what his user name is.....the other option is to contact him at straightrazorplace.com....thats the forum that he started years ago. A lot of us are over there as well - great place! His username there is adjustme69 if I recall correctly....

Thanks for the advice. I just ordered a Black Star and will look forward to getting it along with a 4 sided pasted strop. "That was easy"

What is "nm"

Richard

Thanks for the tip on the razor. Let's see in the past 3 weeks I have purchased 2 razors, soaps, lotions, a strop, a 4 sided pasted strop, and a nice brush. Yea my wife is going to let that happen! I am thinking these 2 razors are going to be my working horses and in the future I will pick up a really nice one but not till I become more than a newbie.

Thanks a lot guys for all the help,
Richard

Why not buy one or two nice refurbished/vintage/used razors in shave-ready condition from members here.

Great way to get good razors at reasonable prices.

That is a great idea! I have been starting to look around in the F/S area but see mostly DE stuff. I will have to research that more, thanks.

R

I'll have some nice ones up sometime next week, just need to finish cleaning and honing them first. If I can remember I'll PM you and give you a heads up before I post them.

Hey! Wanted to let you know that I posted 4 razors over on SRP's B/S/T forum....I've technically not been a member here on B&B long enough to post FS and I don't want to break any rules.....lol....anyways I use the same username over there. 2 of the razors sold right away but there are 2 left. I have lots more but they need honing....let me know here or at SRP if you're interested! Thanks!

Top Bottom