What's new

How much is acceptable?

What do you mean, the days of inexpensive but good Astra SPs are a thing of rhe past???

They are readily available in many places at great prices and they are good blades.
I've read lots of reports from a few different forums that they are now made in India and that they do not shave nearly as well as the ones that were made in Russia. That's why I did not order them so I can't verify the validity but there are several posts if you search for them.

I just received the RazoRock Game Changer. WOW! What a difference.

frt800.jpg

full800.jpg

Much, much better value compared to the Rockwell 6S. No play with the blade, tighter threads and way better pricing.

A big thank you to those that recommended the RazoRock.

RR is great, probably the best comparison to vintage Gillettes- excellent performance and CS, no drama, generally readily available and will outlast all of us.

Great choice! Which model did you get?
Game Changer .68-P and .84-P base plate.
I’m sorry to say this but your pictures don’t seem to be in a correct angle to measure those parameters...
Pics may not have been that good but what was depicted in them was accurate. I was not at all satisfied with having to always adjust the blade. IMHO, the Rockwell 6S is over-hyped and just not a good value.
@jeffshead There is a method for aligning the blade of this razor, you can always try it and see if it works :thumbup1:

Thanks but aligning the blade should not be necessary.
Sounds like this could be a manufacturing error. Both myself and my wife have a 6S and there is no blade play and no alignment issues. I drop the blade in and tighten the handle. Done.
Maybe something changed in manufacturing.
If it's a preowned razor, those are the risks one takes. If it's new, that's unacceptable.
It's new and ordered directly from Rockwell. I already returned it for a refund. Liking the RazoRock much better.
I'm glad you're pleased with your new razor. How does it shave for you.
First shave results with the RazoRock GC were great. Better than with the Rockwell. Used the .68-P. Will try the .84-P tomorrow since I had to go over a couple of spots three times during my first shave.

I hope I get quicker with the DE because it's taking me much longer to shave than when using disposables.

A few years back, I bought all of the GC plates. To each his own but for me the .84P is the sweet spot along with the .68OC. The .68P is too inefficient for me and while I love the look of the JAWS plates even the .68JAWS is a tad too efficient for me. I should retry the .68JAWS again to recheck.

...for me the .84P is the sweet spot...
Ditto for me with only one .84-P GC shave under my belt, but I got a much closer shave than I did with the .68 with about the same tolerable amount of irritation on the throat area. Hopefully, the irritation doesn't worsen with daily shaving; time will tell. I must say, I haven't had a shave this close in a long time, if ever. Very happy with the GC. I didn't want shaving to turn into a hobby but I'm already thinking about getting a RazoRock SS Lupo 72 or a vintage Gillette.

Great to hear, @jeffshead!

The SS Lupo 72 is a terrific shaver. A tad more efficient than the GC .84P. And I do like the way the blade fits in the plate and top cap. I would describe the SS Lupo as a modern implementation of the Gillette Tech. A classic design.

The GC .76P is my favorite GC plate and it’s hard to get in stock.

Rockwell injection molds the SS, molds wear out, etc. I had one recently to test and it was fine but it’s still a club.

Great to hear, @jeffshead!

The SS Lupo 72 is a terrific shaver. A tad more efficient than the GC .84P. And I do like the way the blade fits in the plate and top cap. I would describe the SS Lupo as a modern implementation of the Gillette Tech. A classic design.
I think the GC based off of the original Wolfman Guerrilla and the Lupo the WR1. WR1 is a lot more blade exposure than my techs if I recall correctly (never owned a Lupo but plenty of WR1’s).

Top Bottom