What's new

How do you use this forum?

Usually use new posts and followed threads and refresh them. I have numerous forums on ignore because I'm not interested or don't want to get interested. The brown leaf forum, for instance, I could smoke anything, don't need to get interested in anything smoking.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I just use my TracFone for Badger and Blade, since I don't use komputers anymore since ain't nobody paying me to be on those blankety blank things.

I gots the whole known universe in my hands doggone!

I'm not really very good at this forum to be honest. I know how to refresh so I can see new posts, I see if someone has liked or kommented on a piece of wisdom I may have mistakenly made in a post and know how to check that out.

But until a month or so ago I was on here all the time, not doing much of anything else. Not sure what has kept me off of here. I miss picking on @Owen Bawn , so if he gets more active someone let me know please. He and I have a lot in kommon: we both think I'm pretty smart. Oops. I meant to say we both think HE is pretty smart, obviously!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Lol, we must be doin' something right. The Mods keep us around. We've both been around awhile too. Not as long as some of the dinosaurs like @Doc4 , but still, impressive....
1692660584225.png

FarmerTan

I have been waiting on you for a worthy retort my friend! And you chose a masterpiece within a masterpiece!

I was recently turned on to an excellent TV show from your kountry that I forget the name of. It's about a man that now owns his Dad's gas station and I think is a half an hour long. It's also a convenience store if that helps. Ring a bell? The humor even werks down in Indiana! Well, Indianapolis area anyway.... Does ANYONE know the name of the show?

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I used to spend a lot more time here, but I'm having trouble enjoying the recent increase in pop up video ads. I now generally post a photo in the fragrance of the day thread and that's it. I came to this thread because @FarmerTan tagged me.

FarmerTan

I used to spend a lot more time here, but I'm having trouble enjoying the recent increase in pop up video ads. I now generally post a photo in the fragrance of the day thread and that's it. I came to this thread because @FarmerTan tagged me.
See everyone! I'm good for something.

It was good seeing you here my friend.

I don't see pop up ads (which is nice). I go on several times a day and look for updates in my subscribed threads (I've subscribed to a bunch), check for new posts, look at the BST's and vendor updates. One thing I really like is the similar threads part at the bottom that leads me down other rabbit holes. There are also a few members whom I follow because I'm usually interested in what they have to say.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Hopefully I can learn to love the pop up video ads. I know they're here for our good.

I don't see pop up ads (which is nice).

Take my comments for what they are worth (not much) as I am a paygrade or two below really knowing all the intricate details but ...

... B&B may be free to use, but it's not costless. Back in the good old days, there were no advertisements, and the owners kept B&B going as a labour of love. As B&B continued to grow, and the costs of running it (internet servers, tech support, &c) continued to grow, the difficult decision was made to pursue options that would hopefully make B&B financially self-supporting. Long and winding road from then to now, and we have various levels of "contributor" financial support available to our members, as well as pop-up ads for those who would prefer to support B&B with their eyeballs rather than their wallets.

IIRC, becoming a "contributor" at any level (Copper contributor is $25/year) gets rid of the ads. The other way to support B&B is to get your eyeballs on those pop-ups. It sure would be nice if B&B were free to run, but that's not the case.

1692728667363.png

b

Thought at first this was an innocent question.

Then I realized that the question was How do YOU use this forum?

Like some here, I will search the New Posts. Other times, I will do a member search, specifically @FarmerTan to see where he is posting so I can harass him.
You need to stop stalking @FarmerTan his war department is more than enough of an issue without you harrassing him. Or maybe we all should start stalking him.

Top Bottom