What's new

Horrifying how fast it happens

A tale as old as time..

Two weeks ago, a brush was just a brush.

I had two brushes in fact. Perfectly happy. A 2-band Finest and a 3-band HMW. Who needs more for slathering lather.

My attention was focused on hunting for vintage straights and the perfect soap. Far more exhilarating endeavours.

Today, I have two knots in hand with another 3 on their way and matching handles to come. Which sane shaver does this?

It's because of you lot!

Yada yada.. Fan is batter for face lathering...
Yada yada.. Manchurian...
Yada yada.. Flow thru correlates to hair thickness, loft and knot size, which is inversely proportional to E=MC°2...

Sure, I could just continue forth and not delve into it. However, that itch and thereafter the compulsion. My word... You lot had me good.

A tale as old as time..

Two weeks ago, a brush was just a brush.

I had two brushes in fact. Perfectly happy. A 2-band Finest and a 3-band HMW. Who needs more for slathering lather.

My attention was focused on hunting for vintage straights and the perfect soap. Far more exhilarating endeavours.

Today, I have two knots in hand with another 3 on their way and matching handles to come. Which sane shaver does this?

It's because of you lot!

Yada yada.. Fan is batter for face lathering...
Yada yada.. Manchurian...
Yada yada.. Flow thru correlates to hair thickness, loft and knot size, which is inversely proportional to E=MC°2...

Sure, I could just continue forth and not delve into it. However, that itch and thereafter the compulsion. My word... You lot had me good.

"Hello, my name is Tanes, and I'm a brushaholic...but it's all your fault..."

Pretty sure the first step of the recovery process is owning the problem...

...of course I'm kidding, and sincerely hope you find your goldilocks brush before the rent money is gone.

Welcome to the show. 🙂

"Hello, my name is Tanes, and I'm a brushaholic...but it's all your fault..."

Pretty sure the first step of the recovery process is owning the problem...

...of course I'm kidding, and sincerely hope you find your goldilocks brush before the rent money is gone.

Welcome to the show. 🙂

Pretty sure I'm not accountable for my actions and purchases. :walkman:

Thanks for the warm welcome. Looking forward to the rabbit hole.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I admire your courage. If I was in the sad state of affairs to only have two brushes I would not be inclined to admit it on this forum. Thankfully, you have made steps to correct this assault against good taste and practices. Good start - keep up the good work.

I do wonder what triggered the love of brush collecting for the many here.
For me it was all the different and frankly, gorgeous looking brushes available. I even began spinning my own handles and setting various knots etc. Unfortunately when we moved I lost my workshop area so now I'm unable to continue any lathe work. BUT...this summer I'm going to see if I cant set up the garage to accommodate a few of my pursuits. It's un heated so I will be restricted to the warmer months we have up ere in Sask.
Cheers!

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Joining Welcome Home GIF

It's because of you lot!
I can't blame B&B as I joined two months ago and was already well into all the rabbit holes all on my own. I looked at joining kind of like taking the first step into admitting I have some (all) acquisition disorders. Have fun as they seem to sneak up on you. It was just a few months ago that I too was happy with my go to badger brush and did not need any more. It is crazy how quick these things can multiply. I am going to try the January GRUME and see how that goes.

Top Bottom