What's new

Hindenburg straight razor

I have a straight razor that came to the U.S. aboard the air ship Hindenburg on its first voyage to the U.S. And I also have the original letter that came with it talking about how it was made and that it is a commemorative razor. Years ago I sent a letter to the manufacturer (twin works) in Solingen Germany.
They told me they were happy to here that it is still around. Unfortunately all there records were destroyed during the war. The razor was on display in my dads barbershop in Salt Lake City, Utah. I want to find out if there were more of them made. My dad had bought it at Peerless Barber Supply in Salt Lake when it came to this country. I will take photos of it shortly. If you know where i can look to find out more, would appreciate very much, thank you. Lew

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a straight razor that came to the U.S. aboard the air ship Hindenburg on its first voyage to the U.S. And I also have the original letter that came with it talking about how it was made and that it is a commemorative razor. Years ago I sent a letter to the manufacturer (twin works) in Solingen Germany.
They told me they were happy to here that it is still around. Unfortunately all there records were destroyed during the war. The razor was on display in my dads barbershop in Salt Lake City, Utah. I want to find out if there were more of them made. My dad had bought it at Peerless Barber Supply in Salt Lake when it came to this country. I will take photos of it shortly. If you know where i can look to find out more, would appreciate very much, thank you. Lew
I saw one on ebay sometime in the last year or so, but they didn't have the letter. Very interesting. I wonder if they had a goodie bag for passengers or something. The airship made ten trips to the US, I think and capacity was 70 passengers plus crew.

Can't wait to see photos. Welcome.

These pop up from time to time but there doesn't seem to be any info about them out there..There is at least one post on this forum about them - maybe 10-12 years ago.

Top Bottom