What's new

Hat Cage

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Every so often I clean my hats/caps in a “hat cage”.

I give the interior of the brim a shot of Spray & Wash and place them in the hat cage and then they go in the dishwasher.

For years while at the beach, I’ve worn some of my caps in the ocean and let them dry in the sun to allow the combo of the hot sun and saltwater to develop a nice fade.

Do you wash your caps/hats regularly?

IMG_5878.jpeg

(My eldest daughter is a Tar Heel. 😀)

This cap is drying.
image.jpg

(My youngest daughter is a Terp. 😀)

Must’ve spent a fortune in spirit wear when they were both in college. :lol:

Last edited:
I usually put them into one of those fine mesh bags for washing delicate items. Then put them in the washer on gentle and cold cycle with minimal detergent. Not so much lately. For whatever reason, I haven't cared to wear baseball type hats since I entered my 50's.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Nope. My personal style is the dirtier the hat the more loved it is. When it finally gets to dirty and beat up to wear, time for a new favorite hat. When I see someone wearing a dirty beat up hat I don’t think “Jeesh, that guy is nasty”. I think “there’s a man that loves his hat”.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
My quality hats receive the same treatment as my other quality clothes: they all go to my trusted laundry and come back clean, fresh and perfumed!

After I wash/soak my Tilley hats in the sink, I drip dry them on a gallon milk jug. That causes then to have a nice shape after drying.

I have thrown my baseball caps in the washing machine without much care, without any real damage to their shape. But they don't come out perfect either.

Nope. My personal style is the dirtier the hat the more loved it is. When it finally gets to dirty and beat up to wear, time for a new favorite hat. When I see someone wearing a dirty beat up hat I don’t think “Jeesh, that guy is nasty”. I think “there’s a man that loves his hat”.
This is me as well. Wear em till they are done.

Top Bottom