What's new

Harbor Freight wood tool chest

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Just delivered today. Wood tool chest from Harbor Freight. Top compartment suitable for some of my inks, but pretty sure the Noodlers 4.5 oz inks with eye dropper is too tall; will probably fit laying on its side, hoping it won't leak. Top is also large enough for an A4 pad or two. The two smaller top drawers have dividers perfect for pens, 5 in each. The other drawers should easily fit my A5 & A6 tablets. Space for my ink hypos. Won't know for sure until I get it home from quarantine. Cute puppy pics are always good.
0503201138a~2.jpg
0503201312a~2.jpg
0503201311~2.jpg
0503201312~2.jpg

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Awesome tool chest! If it were marketed for stationary, it would cost twice as much, at least. Adorable puppies! Looks like you had a great weekend all around. (And don’t we all need that in these strange times).

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
pretty sure the Noodlers 4.5 oz inks with eye dropper is too tall; will probably fit laying on its side, hoping it won't leak.

Not something I'd be willing to risk, if I owned something that nice!

captp

Not something I'd be willing to risk, if I owned something that nice!
Agreed. I'm going to test it by wrapping it in a paper towel or newspaper and leaving it on its side for a few days.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Agreed. I'm going to test it by wrapping it in a paper towel or newspaper and leaving it on its side for a few days.
Are you going to do that every time you open the bottle to fill a pen?

Maybe at least put a tray or a tuber ware under it “just in case”.

captp

Are you going to do that every time you open the bottle to fill a pen?

Maybe at least put a tray or a tuber ware under it “just in case”.
If the bottle leaks, I won't keep it in the chest. It didn't leak during shipping, so I think it'll be good in the chest, but I'm testing first.
It's Baystate Blue, which I don't use much; I may give it to an artist friend and not have to worry about it.

captp

Everything fits, except the 4.5 oz. Noodlers standing, but I had a zip lock so it goes in there, on its side. If it doesn't leak, I'll take it out of the zip lock.
Nice to get it all in one place, out of the cigar boxes I was using.

0505201656~2.jpg

captp

Can you find a small plastic or glass "rectangular bowl" to store it in?
I probably could. Don't know why I didn't think of that. Something about the size & shape of a butter dish should work nicely.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Top Bottom