What's new

Gold Dollar Mod Competition 2017 Unlimited Class official entries list Poll: Voting closed

Gold Dollar Unlimited Class Poll

• No 01

Votes: 38 46.3%
  • No 02

Votes: 29 35.4%
  • No 03

Votes: 15 18.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Great razors, all. Beautiful work. I don't mind saying though, that I am voting for number one mostly because it is closer to my own style. Notice the gracefully thinned spine, smooth fairing and simple profile. The scales are great, too. This razor would not look out of place on the Revisor website, and I could see it priced somewhere above midrange, too. The composite scales really give it a special quality. I admit I have a weakness for horn and so #2 almost got my vote, but in the final analysis the razor itself is really the razor, and both visually and geometrically #1 gets the nod from me. I can't help but think that #2 has a distinct alligator look to it, and an alligator motif scale set would have been a whimsical, artistic touch. I like the sort of trapezoidal I guess you would call it cross section of #3 and if it were thin enough to get the bevel angle down into the sweet spot I might have had a hard time choosing between 1 and 3. Visually it is stunning. And a fatter bevel angle is not always a bad thing. For someone who needs a milder shave, a well honed razor with this geometry is ideal. But still, #1 is #1 in my view. If I could have my choice out of these razors to keep as my own, that would be the one.

Spegar's GoldDollarsori has an oddly traditional look to it. As a first effort, it is impressive and I think this will be a guy to watch out for next year.

But once again I will say that everyone is a winner, and every competitor made his own trophy.

Thanks so much for your comments Slash, this one was a lot of fun to work on. I was really impressed with Spegar's result as well, and hope he competes in unlimited next year.

Thanks for the kind words Slash, and +1000 on your statement in bold above...I have thoroughly enjoyed using this razor this week. I'm thrilled with how it looks and shaves!!!

I'm right there with you, Dilbone. Win or lose, I'm very happy with how this razor turned out and have gotten some great shaves from it.

Top Bottom