What's new

Gillette Ivory Set

You certainly don't see these come up very often. Not too shabby on the price, but I really thought it would sell for a lot more.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...K:MEWAX:IT&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_500wt_1282

proxy.php

proxy.php

The seller mentioned that there is a crack on the ivory case. On the other the seller was a serious collector whether his razors went high or low.

Yes- serious collector who seems to be liquidating.

I had no interest in this particular set, but I did bow out of a New Deluxe Red and Black set that did not go anywhere near the price I expected.

His photographs, while sufficient, could be a bit better. If he had better pictures and close ups, I recon his items would be blowing up.

Yes- serious collector who seems to be liquidating.

I had no interest in this particular set, but I did bow out of a New Deluxe Red and Black set that did not go anywhere near the price I expected.

His photographs, while sufficient, could be a bit better. If he had better pictures and close ups, I recon his items would be blowing up.

Not only the photos, he forgot to write "razor" in the titles of his auctions.

Very nice set, but I didn't think ivory sales were allowed on Ebay: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/wildlife.html

It's a difficult subject. Generally if the item you're selling is undeniably older than the ban on ivory, you can list it for sale.

eBay has an automatic software program that puts any listing on hold if you put the word ivory in the description. I once sold an old set in a French Ivory case. Which is not Ivory at all. My listing was flagged and never actually went live until I reworded the description. I didn't go through the hoops of trying to explain the difference, but I believe you are allowed to sell true vintage Ivory items.

Less expensive than I would have thought. I know that he describe the case as having a crack, but I also think that ivory, regardless of date, is continuing to fall out of favor.

It's a difficult subject. Generally if the item you're selling is undeniably older than the ban on ivory, you can list it for sale.
Very good point and its valid. Many avid animal lovers may object to this sale, but due to the fact that this item was made before any bans, and the small amount of the product used may be too minuscule for it to be objectionable...
Thanks for the explanations. I honestly didn't know what the rules were on sales involving ivory. The set is absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing, ras120! I always love seeing pictures of your collection. It's quite impressive!

Top Bottom