FPOTD Week August 15 - August 21

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Sailor 1911 M music nib with black Quink permanent

proxy.php

strop

Now half as wise
Today I pulled out a Monteverde. Inked with Eclat de Saphir. Still carrying the Levenger with the cursive italic nib with B&B ink. This one will likely be in my pocket for a while.

Mark

Attachments

• $Monteverde.jpg
    $Monteverde.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 79

strop

Now half as wise
Great looking pen, Doug. Is this vintage or modern? Any way I could tell by looking?

Mark

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Thanks. It's a modern but does have that classic cigar shape.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Reading brianw's post about his maroon Sailor 1911 got me to thinking. "Don't I have one, where the heck is it?"

Found it! And inked it for the first time in about five or six years, big music nib (like a medium stub) and iroshisuku ink. Thanks, Brian!

proxy.php

Reading brianw's post about his maroon Sailor 1911 got me to thinking. "Don't I have one, where the heck is it?"

Found it! And inked it for the first time in about five or six years, big music nib (like a medium stub) and iroshisuku ink. Thanks, Brian!

proxy.php

Seeing that makes me all the more anxious... Thanks Nemo

strop

Now half as wise
The music nib will take a little longer to get from NY to IN!:cursing::biggrin1:

This one is almost new, sort of :blink:. I couldn't figure out why the cap kept filling with ink. Put it away and forgot about it. With all the bad influence around here:laugh::lol: I dug it out and reexamined it with a 10X loupe. You guessed, a slight crack in the section. Had to buy a complete section and nib from Rubbermaid, well Waterman is now owned by them, and it came yesterday.

Inked with Eclat de Saphir, one of my favorites.

Mark

Attachments

• $Phileas.jpg
    $Phileas.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 60
Franklin-Covey "Lexington" made by Cross for finer work and Cross "Aventura" for signatures and other writing.

Dave

Today, a cheap but fun (and reasonably well made) Jinhao Missile fountain pen. It's just about 3" long closed. Has a permanent squeeze (i.e. aerometric) filler.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

A true classic, and one of my all-time favorite pens. I have the whole set (minus rollerball): fountain, BP and pencil.

100%! I think everyone should own a Lamy 2000. I got it just before the price hike, but now that I have it, would gladly pay the new price. Still a bargain for such an amazing, stylish, sturdy pen.

100%! I think everyone should own a Lamy 2000. I got it just before the price hike, but now that I have it, would gladly pay the new price. Still a bargain for such an amazing, stylish, sturdy pen.

I've had mine for years and got it for under $100. Don't know what they're going for these days. The best prices are from Pam Braun at Oscar Braun Pens in Michigan. She has a web site and does mail order as well.

Top Bottom