What's new

Fountain pen under £10

I work in public facing office and have need to fill in forms and write out letters for people on a daily basis. Heavy pen uses! Can anyone recommend a fountian pen under £10 that can cope with this demand and provide a good writing experience?

Jinhao. They have many models, and are surprisingly well built. My personal favorite, the x450 (which is a larger pen girth wise, and weighs 33g) is $8.60USD on gouletpens.com and cheaper on amazon. It should be noted that while they can take international cartridges, as far as I know they don't come with any cartridges, only a converter to use bottled ink.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Pilot 78g ... e-bay sellers from Hong Kong will sell them for around $10 ... that should be about what, eight quid?

I second the Pilot 78g above. Really nice pen for the money. I should buy another as a friend borrowed mine years ago and won't give it back as she likes it so much!

Gareth

Hey napster, you get a Platinum Preppy or a Pilot varsity for under five dollars. The Platinum preppy has a converter, So it can be used over and over. The Pilot varsity is a disposable pen. Both are decent pens. Buy one of each and see what you think. I like the Preppy, simply because it has a converter

I prefer my Platinum Preppies over my Pilot 78g. With a little rubbing alcohol you can remove the markings and turn a Preppy into a nice looking, cheap demonstrator.

Top Bottom