What's new

Figuring Out Which One is "My Blade"

IMG_20230811_162414_210.jpg
IMG_20230811_202946_755.jpg

IMG_20230811_202708_651.jpg

Blades and Razors from India

I had bought 2 sampler packs and almost all of them I still have in the same plastic box. 7 months into the DE razor shaving I still haven't figured out "my blade", the one that clicks with me. I was fed up and decided to reuse all the ones I had discarded, the ones which are "not my blade". I am still bitten by the Shavette bug. So I wanted to get done with that too.

I had 2+ days of stubble. So, I took all three out:
  1. Gillette Sterling (modernized Gillette Tech)
  2. Romer-7 Wazir (Indian copy of Merkur 34C head)
  3. Generic stainless steel Shavette
I used all the blades you see in the first pic. For my hair, the real test of the blade is always on the mustache and chin area, whether it can cut those thick and hard hair there. A Shavette takes out almost all of the hair wherever you put it but several of the blades failed even the cheek, left more than half of the stubble, could not even cut. All of these were trashed immediately in my Blade Bank.

For the next SOTD, there will 2+ days of stubble and I will try all the blades which I have tried at least once/twice with Wazir and Sterling.

Will repeat the same for never tried blades too.

Last edited:
Just found out mine might be Muster. I heard one of the youtubers claim that it was as sharp and smooth as any blade. Added some as part of a larger order from Razor Blades Club and, he was right. Fantastic blade. I probably would never had tried it if I didn't run across that video. Just ordered 300.
View attachment 1700574 View attachment 1700576

View attachment 1700575

I had bought 2 sampler packs and almost all of them I still have in the same plastic box. 7 months into the DE razor shaving I still haven't figured out "my blade", the one that clicks with me. I was fed up and decided to reuse all the ones I had discarded, the ones which are "not my blade". I am still bitten by the Shavette bug. So I wanted to get done with that too.

I used all the blades you see in the first pic. For my hair, the real test of the blade is always on the mustache and chin area, whether it can cut those thick and hard hair there. A Shavette takes out almost all of the hair wherever you put it but several of the blades failed even the cheek, left more than half of the stubble, could not even cut. All of these were trashed immediately in my Blade Bank.

For the next SOTD, there will 2+ days of stubble and I will try all the blades which I have tried at least once/twice with Wazir and Sterling.

View attachment 1700574 View attachment 1700576

View attachment 1700575

Just some observations on your problem.

My good guess is you are from India. You say you don't shave every day. So, I don't know about the Romer-7, but the Sterling is a very mild razor. The other problem I see is most (if not all) of those blades are mild ones. So in order to shave those whiskers of yours you have 2 possible ways. The first is to buy very sharp blades for the razors you have (e.g. try a 365 or 7 o'clock Permasharp in that Sterling). The second is to buy a more aggressive razor and use it with the mild blades you have.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I have never purchased razor blades locally, only on the interwebs. My best information comes from perusing the "favorite razor blade" posts from this forum. There are many, and I find that a handful of blades keep appearing on the lists from many different shavers. Those are the ones I use to make my sample pack. (It works great with soap, etc. as well).

You have chosen a very different path. While it (unfortunately) no longer surprises me to find I don't know everything, you have a few I've never read about on my years on the forum. I wish you nothing but the best in your search. Good luck.

Just found out mine might be Muster. I heard one of the youtubers claim that it was as sharp and smooth as any blade. Added some as part of a larger order from Razor Blades Club and, he was right. Fantastic blade. I probably would never had tried it if I didn't run across that video. Just ordered 300.
What video?

I'm still a relative newbie in the DE shaving game, so my opinion may not align with the majority, but I've found all of the blades I've tried to be more similar than they are different. The differences is how they work in my different razors due to the synergy of sharpness and razor aggression. Due to this, I don't think I can ever have "the one" blade for me.

Top Bottom