What's new

Fake knots?

Just added a Kent BLK12 to my collection after having bought it as new old stock. But knot feels extremely scritchy compared with my other silver tip Kents. Could the seller have replaced the original knot with a third-party one of the kind you see for sale on some online auction sites? Also, appears to be some glue (old soap?) around the base of the knot. Your opinions welcome. Have posted pics.

Attachments

• IMG_5104.jpg
    IMG_5104.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_5105.jpg
    IMG_5105.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot 2024-01-08 at 21.46.57.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-01-08 at 21.46.57.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 72
My BK12 (same brush as yours but with a white handle) is obviously a three band knot. This one is obvious two band knot. That would make me suspicious.

Here is an example found with a google search.

Example is the first one on the right.

Last edited:
This one is obvious two band knot. That would make me suspicious.
Thanks for the reply. I think your observation settles this for me. Any other opinions? It's not too late to return the brush.

Pointed this out to the vendor today. No push back. Full refund and I was told to keep the brush. Now just need a miniature dust pan to go with it.

I'm glad it worked out for you. All joking aside, give it a chance to break in and it may turn out to be an acceptable brush, just not the great one you were expecting. And maybe not.

Top Bottom