What's new

Ever experience something from the past?

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I am not letting someone else pump my gas unless they are wearing a white uniform, a cap with a black visor and white top, and a black bowtie.
I thought that too, but the one time in NJ I tried to fill up my truck they wouldn’t turn the pump on until the attendant, who was very busy, came over and did it for me. I stood there right next him the whole time. According to him, I’m not sure if this true, if I touched the pump handle they would turn off the pump.

I am not letting someone else pump my gas unless they are wearing a white uniform, a cap with a black visor and white top, and a black bowtie. They also must check my fluids and tires and clean my windows, whistling cheerfully the whole time.
In the town where I grew up, for a time there was a young fellow attending the pumps at the Getty station across the street from Boro Hall at the intersection of Middlesex Ave and Main St in Metuchen. He did not wear the white uniform, but he was a picture of 1950s Americana. Brown hair slicked in a duck tail, perfectly cuffed blue jeans, white tee shirt, short sleeved plaid shirt neatly tucked in with sleeves rolled up, shiny black boots, clean red bandana in back pocket. Of course, he washed the windshield while the gas was pumping too.

Top Bottom