What's new

Ebay Incompetence

Bill, you seem somewhat surprised that most people don't get your brand of humor. I'd think that by now you would have had that happen often enough to not be phased by it, regardless of whatever happens in this thread.

In a similar sense, you seem surprised that ebay would pull your auction and threaten you with further action if you continue to "violate" their policy. It's not up to them to decipher whether or not your auction is legitimate or not -- they have to treat every auction as real and legit, and they have to respond with the same corporate stance for all suspect auctions of the same type, even ones that, to an average person, would be seen as fake and intentionally bogus as this one.

Probably the worst thing, in their mind, that could have happened is if some poor schmuck actually bid on it, you took their money, and they filed a complaint or grievance when they razor they got wasn't ivory/horn/pearl/etc. Then they'd have a much bigger headache to deal with, rather than just pulling your auction.

I'm not saying it's right -- just that it's probably what their thought process was.

The truly troubling thing is that they're going after spoof sales, but do nothing with the truly problematic vendors.

I haven't purchased anything off of e-bay in almost 2 years.

The very reason I stopped looking at anything except what people like Bill put up. I no longer search for anything except known vendors with eBay stores.

Ebay is an experience in frustration, especially the razor postings. Less than 10% of the posts are worded with proper terms or descriptions, which makes it obvious the sellers know little or nothing about the product. I haven't sold or purchased anything on ebay for well over a year. There are other places to buy and sell (i.e., craigslist) and sales can be confined to areas for those larger items.

Top Bottom