What's new

DIY brush case

I know how impressed everyone must have been with my DIY soap sticks. Well, this is going to rock your world, travelers!

While I considered buying a Muhle travel tube for my Simpson Berkeley, the dimensions weren't quite what I wanted. It's both too tall, and too narrow. I know it seems like the perfect width, but in my mind it would scrunch the hairs, which are already quite dense, and so would prohibit drying. The pill bottle maximizes airflow--lots of holes, lots of space. And the foam strips keep the brush from banging around.

It ain't pretty, but it's darn functional. :a20:

Attachments

• $SDC10212.jpg
    $SDC10212.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 818
Make sure no one swallows it with a big gulp of water! Probably good for a scritchy colon cleanse.

Great idea, btw.

K.T.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Go to home depot. Buy a 4" long 1-1/2" PVC nipple and two caps for same. Drill a whole bunch of holes in the nipple. Brush goes inside. Caps go on ends. wa-lah. Pipe prevents direct contact between wet brush and items that you want to remain dry. Holes allow ventilation. You can glue the cap on one end if you like. You can make a razor case in similar fashion out of a somewhat longer piece of 1" pvc.

If you are a real redneck, you can make a matching lawn chair and beer holder out of PVC, too.

Excellent idea. I will have to try this, don't know if I have a pill bottle that would be the right size.
I went to a pharmacy, and they sold me a few empty pill bottles. I think I got a half-dozen or so for about $0.50 a piece.

Just take your brush with you, and have them find a bottle that fits.

Who knows, you might even get the Pharmacist interested in wet-shaving, too.

Not sure why people get so hung up on making travel tubes and buying brushes specifically for travel. Don't you all just realize they are gimmicks to get you to buy another brush? Making one isn't worth my time either... Spend $5 and buy one onlie and it should hold nearly all of your brushes. WCS has them made by both Muhle and Simpsons. AND it will look classy to boot...

Not sure why people get so hung up on making travel tubes and buying brushes specifically for travel. Don't you all just realize they are gimmicks to get you to buy another brush? Making one isn't worth my time either... Spend $5 and buy one onlie and it should hold nearly all of your brushes. WCS has them made by both Muhle and Simpsons. AND it will look classy to boot...

Most of us are not only fully aware of gimmicks to get us to buy another brush, but we don't even need any gimmicks to get us to buy another brush. We're not being suckered--we're enjoying our hobby.

I'm looking for the post, but a gentleman here made one (and said you could make two or three actually) out of a Home Depot-sourced Fluorescent bulb protecter. The nifty thing about this device was that it opened on either end, so you could always pull the brush out without going against the bristle.

Edit: The Google-Fu is strong this morning.
http://www.badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=139933

Last edited:
Pictures of that might be interesting...I like the concept. I ended up picking up a muhle tube from WCS since I prefer using one of my regular brushes when travelling...why use a brush that I don't use regularly and may not enjoy when the whole point of wet-shaving is to have fun and pamper yourself?! I not only take one of my own brushes, but also travel with my 'then' favourite shaving cream or soap. This way I have something to look forward to when I arrive at my destination!!

Top Bottom