What's new

DE and back again!

Take the razor blade out and just fit the top cap on the bottom plate and see if it goes right in both sides easily. Should slide in and out. If it doesn't go right in flat at both ends it's not right. The studs maybe bigger than the hole etc etc. You should see if there's anything wrong.

The top cap doesn't fit flat on the bottom plate the two contact rails are higher in the middle. It basically tightens down on one end. And if you rotate the plate in tightens down on on corner only !!!

curve.jpg

I did not try learning on a faulty razor, but did try learning on a slant (Merkur 37C). I do not recommend either, unless you're a glutton for punishment... not that there's anything wrong with that. Although you would eventually figure out the slant, you will surely have a bad time if you foist a faulty razor upon your face. I suspect even Da Vinci made a mistake every now and then--return that razor!

If you're really in a pinch while you wait, you can pick up a Van der Hagen razor at CVS. The blades aren't great, but the razor is serviceable and inexpensive.

Got some expensive cartridges to use up but am tempted to grab the new Wilkinson sword metal razor. But I'm sure I can wait for a few days.

English Tech is now in my possession. I think I'm really going to like it after my first shave :D

Cool :001_302:!

Enjoy it as its I've of the best razors out there.

With the right blade like a Nacet, GSB or a BIC it'll be a wonderful daily driver.

Happy shaves,

Mawashi

Second shave in on the Tech and its the best shave I have had in years. Awesome little razor IMO. Working up to a Feather. Astra --> Personna -- > PermaSharp --> Feather.

Top Bottom