What's new

DC Supershow

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Just returned from a 90 minute chat over coffee with syngent about the pen show. Well, actually, it was more of a "lookit wot eye gotz!" type of mini-pen-show with me suffering information overload. I was totally unable to keep track of what pen was what except for his 51 pen/pencil set, his new 61, and his Vac 700. Beyond that I was totally scatter-brained, sort of like loading up a 6 year old on 50 pixie sticks :w00t:

I do have to say that his pen box is a drool-worthy work of art, even if it was empty.... which it wasn't.

I'm super relieved that the two Akkermans's he did pick up for me (Shocking Blue and Bekakt Haags) DID, in fact, come with bottles and not in baggies. *whew* I will also post some reviews, tagging onto syngent's threads. This should provide a good insight as to why I don't post my handwriting very often, and reinforce the fact that everyone knows: we are lucky to have syngent's scrawlings here.

A big shout-out to my semi-secret Santa who provided me with a totally unexpected non-nib-related item. :ouch1:

I feel all warm and fuzzy now.... but not in the "I need a shave" type of fuzzy. :tongue_sm

A follow-up for the guys that were at the DC Show: Did any of you see or get to try Franklin-Christoph's new 3-tine Music nib? It's a #6 size and seems to be compatible with other pens that take a #6 nib. Pretty interesting for $35. Probably not my style, but I suspect there will be some interest.

$franklin-christoph-christoph-music-nib.jpg

I played with one, and am considering getting one, just not sure where it would fit, it is a fat nib and into some of my parallel territory of writing without as much variation... but very nice indeed

Top Bottom