What's new

Cutting a non-alcoholic aftershave with alcohol?

Is it possible?

On a Facebook BST I bought Maggard's Limes and Bergamot aftershave splash. I loved the soap, wanted a lime A/S and the price was right. I checked Maggard's site, and this is the first iteration of their A/S. They now offer an alcohol based splash as well.

Anyway, the one I bought has a high glycerin content it seems, leaving my face a bit tacky, which I'm not overly fond of. I also wish the scent had a little more staying power, but that's a secondary concern.

So can you add alcohol to a splash that doesn't have it? Would I be better off maybe combining this with Lime Sec or something like it?

Everclear makes alot of sense to me. You could take a swig while pouring. But really its food safe so it would probably be better for your skin? I Dont know much about rubbing alcohol. I have Everclear at the house for cleaning my pipes and stuff for that reason. I really Dont know if it matters which you use but im going to try everclear in my lucky tiger also

Not rubbing alcohol. Use Perfumer's Alcohol, which is a specially denatured alcohol that is used in AS, colognes, perfumes, etc.. You can buy it on eBay.

Some use vodka, but to me that would still have a drinking alcohol smell instead of an AS alcohol smell.

Everclear is even more alcohol, but why pay the liquor taxes for alcohol that you aren't going to drink?

I've just submitted a thread about adding Alcohol to A/S. Lucky Tiger Experiment. I used Everclear Grain Alcohol 151 proof. You can also use Vodka. I removed 20% product and replaced it with the Alcohol.

If I dilute an aftershave, I use 190 proof grain alcohol instead of rubbing alcohol because it doesn't have a strong smell to it.

Top Bottom