What's new

Couple new Brushes for me!

Hi,

My two new additions
proxy.php

The bottom of the Ever Ready If anyone can shed some information about age of this brush I would love to hear about it.
proxy.php

Been a fun week of shaving for me. Getting a new Yaqui Tuxedo and a vintage Ever Ready pure Badger.

My first impressions are:
The Yaqui is an interesting mix of cloud like softness in the tips with a firm backbone. I'm used to and enjoy a bit of scritch in my horse hairs. So this is a nice change of pace. It loaded quickly from a well used puck of Ogallala Bay rum. And eagerly builds lather on the face. It also holds a ton of it. The 24mm knot is about as big as I want. Love the weight and size of the resin handle. It feels good in my hand. The black with white marbling gives the black and white tipped knot a refined elegance in my eye. A Tuxedo indeed! This makes 3 synthetics now.

The little Ever Ready is my first vintage brush. It seems to be in great shape to my untrained eye. When I got it, it held no odors nor did it feel caked up. So all it got was a simple spa day to get ready for use. What a little monster! I chose RR Tobacco #1 for it's debut. A soak in warm water while I showered, a good three shakes and off we went. For such a soft and supple knot, it ate the croap like it was famished! This brush takes a very light touch when face lathering. Way too easy to over splay the knot. But holy mackerel will it make lather fast and furious. And it's tiny size belies how much of that lather it can hold! I didn't think I would be overly happy with the handle, but it is properly proportioned to me. The couple of badgers I've tried in the past have no relationship to this brush. What an eye opener for me!

I'm very pleased over all with my new brushes. It's amazing just how much quality can be had for so little money if you choose carefully.

Nice additions! I agree with your assessment on the looks of the Yaqi--the black and white marbling with black and white Tuxedo knot is very nice looking!! Maybe the name Tux would be fitting for it? :D

Congratulations! I especially like your Ever Ready (lovely)! :a14::a14:
I never really intended to get a vintage brush. Always seemed too iffy to get a good one. This one came as part of a package deal that I was mostly in it for the razor, a GEM G-Bar. But it really has impressed me. It's way better than the cheap badgers I've tried in the past. And it's a perfect match for the G-Bar!

Nice additions! I agree with your assessment on the looks of the Yaqi--the black and white marbling with black and white Tuxedo knot is very nice looking!! Maybe the name Tux would be fitting for it? :D
I've been testing the waters of synthetics and now own three of them. This one is by far the most handsome. The only other brush I have that I enjoy looking at as much is my Beehive horse hair.

Your Everready is probably from the 60s. Sweet!
I kind of figured that might be the case. So thanks!

I have that same ER and it rules! Very contradictory to its size how capable it is.
I've got just two shaves in with it so far. But I turned it loose on a just opened puck of Colgate mug. I was amazed at how fast it could load off the puck. I got enough lather for 3 passes with enough left over for multiple touch ups. And due it's smaller size it dries so fast!

Top Bottom