What's new

Converted to the DE Path

I started shaving in 2019 with a tub of Protaso Green, the Wilkinson Sword Classic polymer razor and the least expensive Omega boar brush available.

Fast forward to today and while I still have those items and use them, I have acquired very little, a couple of vintage Gillette Techs, Arko and a couple more shades of Proraso, Bic blades. I am a happy man thoroughly enjoying this hobby.

I've also been busy, spreading the word. I've converted:
My 2 sons, my brother and his 2 sons, my dad, a coworker and recently my nephew.

I don't have to do much to sell it to them either, I simply tell them it will change the way they look at shaving from the mundane to dedicated guy time to unwind and they have never gone back.

How many have you helped find the way of higher shaving?

Good on you in spreading the love brother! I’ve converted 2 of my cousins, 2 friends, and 1 coworker. A few have looked at me with an expression as if something is wrong with me.:out:

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
My best friend and the hobby has led to some interesting conversations with my Dad. He has been using a trac 2 for over 45 years. He had Super speed in college.
Treasure those conversations with your Dad my friend!

I've helped to convert one good friend into this odd hobby of ours. He loves it, and I believe he "lurks" on Badger and Blade on occasion.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Genuine Bic blades are a game changer. The Sharpest and really smooth as well.
I also like Nacet, but they often have annoying glue on the blade. For cushioning Gillette 7 o'clock Super Platinum from India (the "Black" ones. Isn't that name just too long?) are also quite interesting, they even become sharper while you use them.

If you should ever want to try some other blades, these are my suggestions! :thumbsup:

I also like Nacet, but they often have annoying glue on the blade. For cushioning Gillette 7 o'clock Super Platinum from India (the "Black" ones. Isn't that name just too long?) are also quite interesting, they even become sharper while you use them.

If you should ever want to try some other blades, these are my suggestions! :thumbsup:
No glue on the Bics! And the new Indian Astra do not have them as well. That would suggest all future Gillette blades that currently suffer from glue (mostly Russian) will not either once they are shifted to Indian manufacture.

I started shaving in 2019 with a tub of Protaso Green, the Wilkinson Sword Classic polymer razor and the least expensive Omega boar brush available.

Fast forward to today and while I still have those items and use them, I have acquired very little, a couple of vintage Gillette Techs, Arko and a couple more shades of Proraso, Bic blades. I am a happy man thoroughly enjoying this hobby.

I've also been busy, spreading the word. I've converted:
My 2 sons, my brother and his 2 sons, my dad, a coworker and recently my nephew.

I don't have to do much to sell it to them either, I simply tell them it will change the way they look at shaving from the mundane to dedicated guy time to unwind and they have never gone back.

How many have you helped find the way of higher shaving?

Great work!! Converting others to ‘traditional‘ wet shaving is the gift that keeps on giving!! :thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

I've tried but nobody will listen to me. 😆

My brother did accept my Merkur 34c, some blades, and Stirling soap samples but I don't think he actually uses any of it.

I have PIF'ed stuff, so hopefully that has helped someone, even if they were already "converted".

Top Bottom