What's new

Closest shave so far...with a Sharp blade

I have been shaving with a DE for several months and have gotten some really good shaves, and also a few bad ones (my own mistakes really); but last night I got one of my closest shaves from a Sharp blade that I thought was going to perform poorly. I picked some up with my last purchase from detailsformen (great customer service, Dennis is great to work with) just because they seemed interesting, but after reading more about them I had mixed emotions on how I thought they would perform. But, I loaded one in my Tech and got a great shave with it. It was smooth and didn't tug like so many blades do on my face, it just cut right through the hairs easily with minimal effort. I have gone through a bunch of different blades with mixed results with a few different razors, and if this works this well again I may have found my new go to.
Although, I can't wait to try this blade out again to see if this was just a freak accident that the blade worked so well on my face or not.
I don't hear many people talk about these blades much around here, so does anyone else use these regularly with good results?

Thanks,

J.

I just used a Sharp blade for the first time the other day. The first shave was really nice, but the next day it was so dull that I had too change the blade before the first pass was complete... So, for me it's a one shave blade, although that one shave was pretty good. But I can get 7-8 from many other blades.

I just used a Sharp blade for the first time the other day. The first shave was really nice, but the next day it was so dull that I had too change the blade before the first pass was complete... So, for me it's a one shave blade, although that one shave was pretty good. But I can get 7-8 from many other blades.

That is good to know, I will check that out tonight to see how it does on the 2nd shave. I was really hoping that this wouldn't be just a one shave blade since it performed so good for me, but we will see. Even though they are cheap, I would still want to get several shaves out of each one before making it my standard.

really glad that they worked out for you - the once I tried a Sharp blade was a very, vary bad experience. In fact I dont remember much about it, I think I blocked it out. :)

SmoovD was kind enough to send me a few Sharps after they didn't work out for him. They gave me a barely-adequate shave on the first run, and then they're hardly worth cutting Scotch tape after that.

I believe there were two versions of Sharp blades. The first was reported to be the pits. The second is OK, and I use them at my hunting lease as I had a few packages. They are a one use blade for me.

Top Bottom