What's new

Cheap DE razor and blade storage solution

While this idea is not original to me, someone else had a pic of their blade storage and it got me thinking why not store both razors and blades in the flat fishing tackle boxes sold at Walmart.

Here is what I came up with to store some of my collection.
$image.jpg
$image.jpg
$image.jpg

These are Plano boxes made in USA and cost $5 at Walmart. They have numerous dividers that can be configured for various sized razors. Best of all they stack on top of each other well and allow you to see what is inside without having to open each container.

Two of the five boxes I have set up for Razor, Blade, and cream storage. The wife approves of this new solution as well as she was starting to dislike all the clutter in the closet. These cases also will fit in a drawer, under the sink cabinet, or just about anywhere.

If if you are looking for a nice solution for organizing and storing your collection I don't think you could do much better for this amount of money.

So what do you think? is it a good idea?

Nice collection. I have been using a screwdriver holder attached to the bathroom wall. I sure I can make it look better so no pictures right now. Although I may just use something like this for blades and pucks.

Good idea. Thanks for the photos.

Your welcome! I gave it a try and liked it so well that I thought others might enjoy the idea as well.
It works an keeps the razors safe and the blades protected so perhaps it will help others.

you could put squares of foam in the bottom to give a bit of cushion for the razors, but the fit pretty tightly and plastic usually doesn't cause abrasion. I suppose if you were going to be moving them around a lot you might want to do something like that.

Great idea.
I've got a test tube holder (30mm holes) in the post on the way which will hold a dozen razors with ease ... this will be great for the 'overflow'.....

Nice. I use test tube racks for my DE razors, but store my straights and DE blades in the long narrow Plano stowage boxes. Like you said, they're neat, they stack nicely, and you can see what's inside.

I use plano boxes, but that one looks perfect for razors and blades. Do you know which one it is? Looks like a solid configuration/size.

The one I have for blades is 23630-01 - Plano deep stowaway with adjustable dividers. I guess the more I look at mine I might be able to rearrange the dividers to accommodate razors, also.

Oh yeah, and sweet collection!!!!

Last edited:
i need some idea a sto what my de blades in as im just using a tin that was laying around the house but i dont like it tbh

been searching threads and found some people use cigar boxes, i think thats a good idea tbh

IMG_20201214_173545__01_compress60.jpg

I keep my razors in an old chocolate box. It's made of metal and I put a few bags of dry sorb in it. Belgian chocolates were in it.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I use a old cigar humidor I bought a garage sale for like $2.00 and it stores razor blades and some old razors. Put it under sink and dig it out every once for new blades. Works well for what I need it for.
refurbishing shaving products.JPG

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

I use a old cigar humidor I bought a garage sale for like $2.00 and it stores razor blades and some old razors. Put it under sink and dig it out every once for new blades. Works well for what I need it for.
View attachment 1195662
Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!
you've done well to get a deep one mate 👍

i've been searching ebay last night for some but havent yet found one that tickles my fancy tbh!

on a side note, whats your favorite blade from that collection you got?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
you've done well to get a deep one mate 👍

i've been searching ebay last night for some but havent yet found one that tickles my fancy tbh!

on a side note, whats your favorite blade from that collection you got?
Well it changes a little sometimes, The top 5 DE blades on the picture chart are what I consider my top tier blades but the others are good ones in the Sharp & smooth category. I really like the KAI SS blade in certain milder razors and yet other folks find them rough and reason is they are a little wider(.009 thousands of a inch more blade feel) than a standard Gillette blade & they might not know this so they are more aggressive & efficient but they will knock up a notch a milder razor that might get ignored. I Just bought some AC Kai protouch guarded blades for a new Shavette I bought and they are not even on the list yet because they are in the mail.
These are the blades that I have tested and should get a person in the ball park if they are looking. As you can see I like pictures to explain my personal interests or views better.
Blade Review #6.3 June 26th 2020 (3).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom