What are you in the real world?
A manager at a record store.

What is your favorite shave setup?
Head shave- every 48hrs
Prep: hot shower
Pre: coconut oil
Soap/cream: Proraso Red
Razor: Pre War Tech
Blade: I am still working my way through a pile of samples but I like red Personna and Nacet blades the most so far.
Post: Warm rinse (or a hot towel with peppermint oil if I feel like being “extra”), alum, cold rinse, Proraso Red Balm.
Beard Care: Any combination of Honest Amish and Luxurious Bastard balm/oil.

I love listening to free/spiritual jazz or ambient drones in the mornings/ while I shave.

What are your hobbies and favorite activities?
Collecting vinyl

What else should the members of B&B know about you?

Welcome Phil! Glad to read your introduction. Your occupation makes you the envy of many of us here. We are a friendly bunch, hope you join in our conversations & banter.

I fumbled that last bit. Then I fumbled the edit.

Hobbies:
Vinyl.
Spending time with my wife, Katie and my chihuahua mix Frank.
Music festivals/ live music.
Light shows/glitch art
And most recently, this!

What else should the members of B&B know about you?

I haven’t shaved my face in over 10 years, I wonder what it looks like under there? I recently shaved my head after growing my locks out for over 15 years (I was going bald). It was a little scary to take the chop but I wanted to donate the hair and I kept telling myself “somebody else needs it more than I do”. The change has been incredible. I feel better about myself and my grooming habits are improving. It only took me a couple of weeks to find the wet shaving hobby. I look forward to shaving every other day. It brings me peace. I tried to shave every day but my skin is happier if I wait 48hrs, and I’ve found that the shave is more satisfying with more growth.

I’m a trippy dude. But I understand that this is a more conservative forum so I’m happy to leave my psychedelic musings at the door, but I can’t promise that you won’t catch a whiff every once in a while. 😎

Thanks for having me!

Top Bottom