What's new

Brick/mortor or online?

I don't think Leviathan is being produced by Barrister and Mann any longer. They show the aftershave and a hand soap but no EDT or shave soap. Full measure of man is still available.

Mostly I buy online now. There used to be some great local stores but over the years they've moved online or closed as the owners retired and no one took over or opened something new.

There's still outlets locally that sell some nice things but it's kind of scattered in terms of what they carry, as they tend to be less focused on shaving and personal care products in particular. They seem like they're trying but also like they don't know what's out there as it's not their priority.

As I'm typing this I'm remembering some local stores I should try again that I haven't been to in a couple of years, to see what's there.

I don't think Leviathan is being produced by Barrister and Mann any longer. They show the aftershave and a hand soap but no EDT or shave soap. Full measure of man is still available.
It is a seasonal release. Comes out in the fall if it comes out at all. It has for the last few years. I used my second tub up last December.

If you ever get down to Chicago check out Merz Apothecary.

Really want to get down there someday someday. May just make a trip down there just for the hell of it.

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
No such thing as brick and mortar near me, so, I read copious reviews on B&B and proceed accordingly. So far, the only failure was the Game Changer. What an awful razor for me.

Last edited:
I try to buy locally as much as I can. For soaps and creams I usually only use a selection of 3 to 5 products that are locally available.

The rest I buy online but I have had some bad luck with purchases from small vendors. Things didn't arrive. A 'new' brush that was clearly used. That sort of thing.

These days if I buy online, I buy only from the big river. They offer the best return policy and never ask questions and pay me back my money fast if I'm not pleased.

I am trying to find more soaps that I like the feel and aroma of but can't seem to find any shops in the area that carry anything but Proraso. Do most people order online and hope they like it or do you have better shops by you than I do?
I feel your pain as do others. I wish i could smell them all. Unless youre driving distance from mid town Manahttan you'll either have to scrounge for samples or blind buy soaps. There are some great people on this board that will also share samples if you share an interest in a particular brand. Willy nilly smelling various tubs is difficult to do unless you make the trip to Pasteur.

Top Bottom