What's new

Breaking’ In the New Holster Blues

IMG_5643.jpeg

Good quality leather has its ups and downs. Kirkpatrick Leather in Texas makes a respectable rig and uses some fairly stout leather. That is a good thing. Only issue is the initial break in can be (and often is) tedious. Same holds true with a number of other respectable makers. Here is a HK P30SK
which is wedged in using a couple wraps of waxed paper plus a plastic bag. Gets the job done; just takes a couple days.
Worth a try if you are needing to acclimate any new gear which may be coming your way this Christmas. 🎄
IMG_5643.jpeg

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Pleasantly surprised by my Christmas Andrews Leather Saddle holster with a thumb break. Great retention and minimal break in and a retention strap that's actually easy to snap. I didn't need to use the normal plastic bag and just left one of my 1911s in it over night. Then a day or two to learn how it liked to be snapped shut and it's right up there with the most comfortable holsters I own.

Andrews-Tegu-Lizard.jpg

Got a birthday coming a couple weeks later and hope another Andrews but for my SAAs shows up.

SDC18631.jpg

You hit the jackpot!
I have an Andrews Saddle holster for my Kimber 3” 1911 on the way. The exotic variants you have there are outstanding!

Top Bottom