What's new

Brassing / Tarnishing on FP Clip Qustion.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Can a vintage gold-plated MB clip be 'polished or buffed-out'
proxy.php

proxy.php
[FONT=&amp]"The art of writing is the art of discovering what you believe". Gustave Flaubert[/FONT]

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Some are gold filled, some are gold plated. Either way, you could gently try a soft non-abrasive jeweler's cloth.

Easy does it!

Can a vintage gold-plated MB clip be 'polished or buffed-out'
proxy.php

proxy.php
[FONT=&amp]"The art of writing is the art of discovering what you believe". Gustave Flaubert[/FONT]
Are you talking about scratches, pitting, or something else? I really don't know the answer, but I suppose it would depend somewhat on what you are trying to fix/buff out. I would think you would have a better chance with slight scratches, but that is just a guess.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Are you talking about scratches, pitting, or something else? I really don't know the answer, but I suppose it would depend somewhat on what you are trying to fix/buff out. I would think you would have a better chance with slight scratches, but that is just a guess.
Jstin:
I guess you could say there is slight 'pitting besides brassing / tarnishing'! :blush:

proxy.php
[FONT=&quot]"Writing is an exploration. You start from nothing and learn as you go". E.L. Doctorow[/FONT]

Top Bottom