What's new

Boker vs Dovo

OK...I'm a rookie no doubt but I have donated my pint of blood using a shavette..:) I spent probably too much cash and went and got a Dovo and a Boker and what I am finding is that due to my hands that resemble Rib Eye Tennis Rackets, the Boker was much easier to use as the shank seems much longer and is a better fit. Do you guys find that the Bokers all have longer shanks? Have any recommendations for the big handed handicapped? Thanks in advance....:biggrin1:

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Depends on the style, a Dovo Best feels a lot different than the Bismark. I like the Bismark better, but overall I like Boker (especially vintage Boker) better.
Have you considered a vintage Sheffield, like a Frederic Reynolds?

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
The better Dovos to me compare well with the Bokers. It is just the "Best" Dovos that are a big let-down. The Bismarck and others of the same basic style will offer lots of shank to hold on to. Otherwise, it sounds like you are gonna be a Boker kinda guy. I think FWIW the steel of the Dovos is a bit harder than the Bokers I have honed and/or used. That is not always a plus, though.

Top Bottom