What's new

Blackland - 15% Off - 24 Hours

“Based on your behavior”???

Yep. This is how most ecommerce works. Ever notice that you sometimes get a discount via email for a product immediately after you looked at it? It's like that. We build out automatic messages that trigger based on your behavior on our website. Maybe you viewed something and we want to message you about it, or maybe you haven't viewed anything in a long time so we want you to come back. Lots of examples of possible messages and triggers. Sometimes these messages have discounts, usually they don't. In this case, it's part of an SMS test campaign that we're split-testing so we can fine tune it.

Yep. This is how most ecommerce works. Ever notice that you sometimes get a discount via email for a product immediately after you looked at it? It's like that. We build out automatic messages that trigger based on your behavior on our website. Maybe you viewed something and we want to message you about it, or maybe you haven't viewed anything in a long time so we want you to come back. Lots of examples of possible messages and triggers. Sometimes these messages have discounts, usually they don't. In this case, it's part of an SMS test campaign that we're split-testing so we can fine tune it.
I understand discounting but I am curious as to what determines a 15% discount for one customer from a 10% discount on another as it relates to customer behavior?

Last edited:
I understand discounting but I am curious as to what determines a 15% discount from a 10% discount as it relates to customer behavior?

I won’t share the parameters of the test, but this is why we’re testing. It’s how we can find out what the right discount is, if any at all. We used to always offer 15% off for text signups so 15% isn’t unheard of. By sampling some people we can more accurately test without blowing up our whole email list.

I won’t share the parameters of the test, but this is why we’re testing. It’s how we can find out what the right discount is, if any at all. We used to always offer 15% off for text signups so 15% isn’t unheard of. By sampling some people we can more accurately test without blowing up our whole email list.
Looks like I need to improve on my behavior as my discount offer today was below the above mentioned 15%.

Our intent isn't to make our customers feel left out and I'm genuinely sorry that we did. Fair is fair so we'll offer the same discount here to everyone. 24-hours using code B&B15.
Shane, and to my B&B brethren. Please accept my apologies as I discovered the origin of my 10% discount notice this evening. This notice was for a product review that I completed several weeks ago and you were letting me know that the expiration date for exercising the discount was approaching.
As you stated above, “fair is fair”, and in this case, I am the one genuinely sorry for the confusion and your discount code offer B&B15 is certainly not necessary, (while generous). Thanks again for your professional courtesy as always.

Last edited:
Top Bottom